The Epic Conclusion

- Nya's POV -

"Nya? What are you doing?" Zach asked me quizzically, tilting his head sideways in a cute little habit. I grinned back at him, probably looking insane.

"Ending this."

I looked back at Herobrine, who was eyeing my arrow nervously. He was standing on an angle, sword in one hand, the other with a clenched fist. He glanced at me, and I swear, for a split second, his eyes turned blue. A deep, familiar, navy blue.

I could feel tears welling in my eyes, but I refused to let them show. I kept my stance tense, the arrow pointed at Herobrine's chest, beneath which lay his heart. Suddenly he spoke, but it wasn't his normal voice.

"Nya . . . Nya, don't do this. It's me, remember?" Steve said, his eyes kind. "We were best friends. We spent ages together, the two of us. Don't you remember?" He took a step forward, and I had the urge to lower the bow and hug him. I had missed the old Steve so much . . . His stupid fashion sense, dumb puns, warm smile; his sweet, kind personality. I hadn't realized I had missed him so much until this moment, staring into his blue eyes; they dully reflected the glow of his sword.

"Steve?" I asked hesitantly, voice shaking. He nodded, smiling that soft smile I felt I needed to return. "Yeah, Nya. It's me."

Zach opened his mouth to say something, but I couldn't hear anything. It's like he was on mute; mouth moving, yet silent. But his eyes look heart-wrenchingly desperate.

"Nya, I missed you." Steve opened his arms wide, grinning warmly at me. "Do I get a welcome back hug?"

Suddenly, Zach rushed forwards, screaming something for some reason I couldn't hear. Steve turned on him, the familiar warmth of presence turning cold as ice within a heartbeat. He struck Zach down with a blow to his face, leaving the blonde boy lying on the ground in pain. He looked up at me, face strained, lip bloody, and mouthed, "Not real."

With a snap, I could suddenly hear Zach's moans of pain, and Herobrine's eyes were their normal terrifyingly empty white. He had tricked me. Steve didn't exist. He was an illusion Herobrine created to draw me in. Steve wasn't real.

Zach groaned, still lying on the floor, clutching his swollen face. I gripped my bow in anger. How could I let this happen to him? He came all this way for me. The least I could've done was help out a little. I took a deep breath; I knew what I had to do, and knew I wouldn't regret it.

I pulled back the bow with all my strength. Herobrine turned to me, his face plastered with surprise. "You . . . You won't be able to shoot me. I'm still your Steve, after all. And Herobrine is indestructible."

Smiling, I spoke my last words to him. "Oh yeah? We'll see about that. Go to hell."

I released the arrow.

It flew through the air, practically in slow motion. It didn't speed up again until it hit Herobrine square in the chest, piercing deep.

He screamed out in agony, the smashed vile spilt all over his front. He fell to the ground, cursing, yelling, clutching desperately onto his wound. I shook my head a little and set down my bow, walking over to Zach and helping him up. The boy with the curly hair helped.

"Zach... Thank goodness you're okay." I buried my neck into his shoulder, enjoying the warmth. "Thank goodness."

I felt his hand on the back of my head, stroking it softly. "It's okay, Nya. It's nearly over." I quietly murmured, so only he could hear, what I had intended to say before we were rudely interrupted. "I love you, Zach." And then, to my absolute and complete happiness, he said, "I love you too, Nya."