Not all wishes come true

Nya's POV

I got up early in the morning. I didn't feel any different. Stupid, I thought. Your not going to feel different just because your an adult now.

The thought made me shiver. IM AN ADULT NOW. MY DAD DOESNT OWN ME. I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT, AND WONT HAVE HIM PUSHING ME AROUND.

I instantly felt bad about this. I mean, what about Steve and Zach? Neither of them talked about their families. I wonder why...

Zach. Missing. Wish. Morning. The words whizzed by me. I sat up quickly, jumping to my feet and changing in a hurry to my favourite pale blue long sleeve t-shirt, with a cute denim jacket over the top and denim shorts. Not too special.

I raced down to the main floor, following the scent of cooking steak. Mmm, breakfast.

I reached the main floor, expecting to turn around and see Zach standing their with his crooked smile and say "Hey Nya, sleep well? Breakfast time!!!", but what I saw was not, apparently, what I expected.

Steve, his shirt slightly crumpled, looked up at me from the furnace and smiled.

"Hey, Nya. How'd ya sleep? Any nightmares?" It was a question, but it was like he already knew the answer.

"Er, pretty much fine." I answered, although that was an extreme lie. "I went to bed late, though."

He laughed. And pulled the meat out of the oven. Together we ate, talking about nothing important and laughing occasionally. I tried to keep last night in the back of my head... When he had called me 'wielder'. Pfft. Probably heard me mention it at one point and thought it'd be a cool joke. Only he didn't realize I didn't find it the least bit funny.

After breakfast, I slowly returned to my room, worry turning my movements stiff. Where was Zach? I made a wish that he would be safe, but... I guess not all wishes come true. Damn my bad karma.

There was nothing else I wanted to do but search for him, but my body was so weak from last night's terrible sleep that it even made my vision blurry.

I remembered the sword and the feeling it had given me. A feeling of power. Could, maybe, it make me feel powerful enough as to search for Zach?

I took the chance.

Pulling out the sword in its wooden case, I slid it out, and the glare it cast made me literally blind for a few moments.

Gradually my eyes got used to the sword's bright shine. And as my fingers curved around the hilt, like I expected, the world became darker, eviler, and a feeling of pure power washed over me. Like I could do anything.

But, there was a scary feeling too. Like the power was trying to take over me, stop me from controlling my actions. Block me out.

I dreaded that feeling. It was like a ticking time bomb, and I had the gut feeling that this time bomb's timer didn't work very well. Meaning, it could explode anytime.

Yeah, not a good feeling.

I knew Steve would wonder where I was heading to with a bright brand-new diamond sword, so I it back into its case and onto my back.

I crept down the vines, but, once I reached the main floor, I was surprised by a loud cheer.

"HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY NYA!!!" That was Steve's voice.

He was standing ahead of me, a delicious looking cake and proud face accompanying him.

"S-steve! What are you doing? What is this?"

He smiled. "A little birdy told me that a certain someone was turning 18. Now, cmon, blow out the candles and make a wish!"

I noticed 18 little candles sticking from the cake in his hands.

I smiled back. And blew all the candles out at once. And wished... The same wish as last night. That Zach would come home safe and sound.

Something must of shown in my face, because Steve frowned. "You alright, Nya?"

I couldn't dampen his high spirits. After all, he must of put in a lot of effort to put this together (considering I know for a fact Steve can't cook, and will never be able to for the rest of eternity).

"Yeah, fine. Dont worry about it, I'm fine. C'mon, I'm starving, let's eat!"

And I was. The sun was past it's highest, and I grabbed a peak at our clock. Exactly 2pm. Perfect time to look for Zach.

We ate together, laughing much more often than when we did at the breakfast table.

It was 3:30pm by the time I was trekking through the jungle in search of my blonde friend. A lot later than I had hoped.

I stopped in the middle of a small clearing. Funny, I've never noticed it before. Rare for there to be a clearing in the jungle, too.

The sword was still slung onto my back, along with my trusty bow. I remembered to bring a clock WITH me this time, and before I knew it, the sun was setting and it was 7pm. And still no sign of Zach. Damn it, where could he be...

Without thinking, as if using my sixth sense, I pulled out my sword from my back. I could hear footsteps. Why I hadn't chosen my bow, I don't know. But it was the diamond sword which appeared in my hands.

A figure slowly stepped in from the shadows. Zach...? No, Zach was more slender than that. Then...

Steve stepped into the clearing, his face lit by a wicked smile.

"Now now, Nya? Where do you think your going? It's your time now. It's time for the wielder inside you to be brought forward."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MHT IS DRAWING TO A CLOSE *cries*

now what will I do with my life...?

Possibly nothing. Maybe watch some anime, the occasional bit of homework

BUT THATS NOT THE POINT.

The point is, are you liking it? And, very important:

ON THE LAST CHAPTER, I WILL CALL UPON MY FANS TO COMMENT YES OR NO TO A PREQUEL.

Just to let you know. So think about it. I sure am.

That is all for now. Keep living, peepz ;)

-Jazzcat :D