Meet Harry

Zach's POV

The last thing I could remember seeing was Nya. Then everything went black.

I could literally feel myself slipping away, my energy disappearing...

But I knew I couldn't die. I couldn't leave Nya in her situation. Before I died, I had to make sure she was safe.

But as much as I wanted that to happen, I knew that it was impossible. I mean, once you die, you die.

At least, that's what I though.

***

I groaned. All I could feel was pain.

With effort, I opened my eyes, and the sudden light was almost blinding. I couldn't make out even the most basic shapes.

But, ever so slowly, the world reformed around me.

I lay there, waiting, until my sight returned to normal. I attempted to sit up, but the pain in my chest forbid it.

"Hey, easy there. You're not fully healed yet. Drink this, you'll feel better."

I couldn't see who the voice belonged to, but I drank the glowing pink liquid I was handed, and I immediately felt better. The pain in my chest ceased enough for me to sit.

Once seated, I let my gaze travel over my surroundings. The one word I would describe it with is... Sandy. Very, very sandy.

Then I saw the person who gave me that healing drink.

He was a boy, who looked a similar age to me. He had curly, light brown hair and clear hazel eyes. This boy looked like he smiled a lot; his eyes seemed so bright and happy. The way a normal 18-year-old should be.

"Hey, finally awake are you, mate?" He laughed.

"Yeah... Er, not to be rude or anything, but, who are you? And... Where am I?"

He just laughed again.

"My name's Harrison James. Harry for short. And this," He gestured around the room, "is my palace. Make yourself at home."

I would of, but there was still too much unknown for me to be comfortable.

"Where did you find me?" I asked, more suspicion than I hoped in my voice.

His smiled faltered.

"Well, I was hungry, you see, and I was pretty sick of the mushroom stew I'd stored, so I decided to go find some real food. So, there I was, walking along, and there was this HUGE jungle in front of me. I was like, 'WOAH', and went to explore, and eat, of course. Then, I saw this wicked treehouse, and after I checked it out a little-"

"Wait wait, hold on," I interrupted. "You CHECKED OUT my house?!"

"Oh... That was yours?" Harry scratched the back of his head, looking guilty. Well, obviously it was mine, stupid!! Who else lives in an undiscovered jungle?!

"Well, yeah, after that, I walked through the jungle some more, ate a few pigs along the way, and I came to this clearing, and there was like, this bloody patch in the corner, so I checked it out, and there you were."

He spoke without barely taking a breathe. "You had this whole inside you. I sword, I'm guessing. Luckily, I had some of this stuff with me," He held up the glowing pink liquid, "so I healed you a bit, and brought you back here. And that's the story of how I saved your life." He finished, clapping his hands together.

I gulped. "Er, Harry, was there... Anyone else? You know, in the clearing?"

He scratched his head again. "No, don't think so, mate. There were footprints, though." So it hadn't been a dream. Darn it.

"Oh, and I brought your dog with me, too." As if on cue, I heard a loud and happy bark. Harpo jumped on top of me (causing my chest to burn) and licked me all over my face. Ew.

"Good boy, good boy, Harpo. Did ya miss me?" He barked in return. "Haha, I missed you too!"

"So, what's your name?" He asked me.

I looked up. "Zach Dare."

He literally jumped of his seat. "OMIGOD YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING? AHHHH NO YOU CAN'T BE JOKING. ZACH I AM LIKE, YOUR BIGGEST FAN EVER! WHEN YOU BEAT THAT GUY FROM VERLATINA, I LITERALLY DIED! YOUR SWORD SKILLS ARE AMAZING! IS IT TRUE THAT YOUR STILL UNDEFEATED-"

Did I mention that I'm pretty much famous?

"No, that isn't true. Not anymore." I smiled faintly, remembering the duel I had with Nya months ago.

Nya... I don't know where you are, but I promise, one day I will find you, and bring you home.

One day.

Harry and I sat and ate together, finishing the last of the meat. That night, I tried to sleep, but the scene in the clearing just kept replaying in my mind...

I will rescue you, Nya.

I jumped. Nya... She saw me get stabbed in front of her eyes. She'll think I'm dead. Wherever she is, she holds no hope that I'm going to save her.

So I better begin straight away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I just wanna say thanks for reading. I really mean it, cuz, you know, there isn't much point writing a story if no one reads it.

ITS OFFICIAL 1600+ READS NOW

:D :D :D

BORING LOVEY-DOVEY CHAPTER I KNOW I HATE THEM TOO

Next one will be better :) MUCH MORE ACTION TO BE EXPECTED IN THE COMING CHAPTERS

Remember to vote, comment or follow :)

Anyways, cya

-Jazzcat :D