chapter 22: Dark Queen

That night, Lil put on her costume and headed out for the night, Zoe Aves, her mother, and grandmother were in their costumes, stealing priceless art and jewels from the museum.

"Great... Them..." Lil mumbled once she saw the Aves clan up to no good. "Time to put my powers into good use."

In the museum...

"Hurry up, you two!" Lady Gobbler glared. "I'm not getting any younger!"

"Yeah, yeah, we're coming, Grandma, calm down!" Zoe scoffed.

Lady Gobbler growled at her 'lazy' daughter and granddaughter.

"Oh, this jewel is the most precious of them all..." Voltura said as she took a jaded ring.

"Indeed, Mama." Zoe agreed with an evil smile.

"Once we have the jewels, we can rule the world!" Lady Gobbler laughed evilly while coughing at the same time.

"Vendetta!" Lady Gobbler called.

"Vendetta!" Voltura added.

"VENDETTA!" Zoe finished with an evil laugh of her own.

At the Rivera apartment...

Manny, Lu, Rodolfo, and Grandpapi were having dinner together.

Manny then put his hand to his ear. "I hear evil in action."

"Where is it coming from?" Lu asked her boyfriend.

"I think from the museum." Manny replied.

Grandpapi and Rodolfo then became Puma Loco and White Pantera.

"Wait for me!" Manny called, then twirled his belt buckle with a roar, becoming El Tigre.

"Aw, I wanna help." Lu pouted.

"Okay, you can help, get on my back." Manny told her.

Lu hopped onto his back with a smile.

"Let's move out!" Manny told his father and grandfather as he used his knuckles as a grappling hook as they went off to go after the bad girls.

"All right, let's get out of here before someone sees us." Voltura suggested.

"Hold it right there!" a voice called.

Lady Gobbler snarled. "Who is that?"

"It's not El Tigre, that's for sure." Zoe commented.

"Show yourself!" Voltura demanded.

"I'm a new hero in town," Lil stepped into the light to reveal herself. "You may call me Dark Queen."

The three super-villains looked at her and laughed at her.

"Little late for Halloween, aren't ya?" Zoe mocked.

"Yeah, go back home to your mommy!" Voltura added.

"This is no place for brats like you!" Lady Gobbler sneered.

"Trust me, you don't wanna mess with me." Dark Queen mocked.

"Bring it!" Voltura glared. "Black Cuervo, after her!" she commanded her daughter.

"Yes, Mama," Zoe nodded to her, then glared to the new hero in town. "Okay, Dark Princess or whoever you are, you are going down permanently!"

Lil growled. Zoe ran after Lil and jumped up to take her. Lil jumped with her and then tackled Zoe down to the ground.

Zoe activated a laser gun from her wrist. "Say goodbye, wannabe," she then evilly smirked to her new target. "VENDETTA!" she then laughed.

Suddenly Zoe's shadow came alive and started to attack her.

"Hey, what the?!" Zoe glared. "Mama! Grandma! Help me!"

"You leave my baby alone, you monster!" Voltura demanded.

"I don't think so." Lil huffed. "Why don't you come make me?"

"We should teach you a lesson in manners, little brat!" Lady Gobbler scowled.

"I'd like to see you try." Lil challenged.

Lady Gobbler and Voltura charged for their Dark Queen rival between the battle of good and evil.

Manny and Lu folded their arms as White Pantera drove them safely to the jewelry store.

"Don't worry, mijo, we'll get them." Rodolfo promised as he drove slowly through a traffic jam.

"You drive like an old man!" Grandpapi shoved his son over. "Step aside and let me drive!"

"Papi, I don't know if--" Rodolfo frowned.

Grandpapi hopped into the driver's seat and drove quickly, passing by the other cars, going to ludicrous speed.

"YEE-HAW!" Manny cheered.

"YAHOO!" Lu also cheered.

"PAPI, SLOW DOWN!" Rodolfo cried out.

"You're no fun!" Grandpapi pouted as he drove to the jewelry store as quick as possible.

"There's the jewelry store!" Lu pointed out.

"All right, one last stop!" Grandpapi laughed as he went to the parking lot.

"Papi, slow down!" Rodolfo begged.

"This is AWESOME!" Manny cheered.

"Yeah!" Lu laughed with her boyfriend.

"We're heeeeeere." Grandpapi grinned.

"That was awesome!" Manny cheered. "Do it again!"

"When we go back to the building, Manny." Grandpapi promised with a chuckle.

Rodolfo sighed. "Let's go then..."

"No, stay away, I mean it!" Zoe cried out.

"Did you guys hear that?" Manny asked.

"What is it, mijo?" Rodolfo asked.

"I heard screaming from inside the jewelry store." Manny explained.

"Really?" Lu asked.

"Uh-huh, follow me." Manny nodded before walking off.

"Can I go too?" Lu asked.

"Just stay really close to us." Manny warned for her safety.

'Of course, Manny Wanny." Lu clung close to him. "Hope no one gets hurt tonight who doesn't deserve it."