Chapter One: Welcome to the Host Club!

Start from the beginning

"Maybe we can find another room to study in." Haruhi spoke and broke me out of my trance.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. Do you know any rooms?"

She thought for a moment while taking off her glasses and cleaning them with her frumpy sweater. I had to admit that she did look better without those huge glasses hiding her pretty face. She'd told me that she used to wear contacts, but lost them on the first day of school.

"Maybe we can go check upstairs." She said and beckoned for me to follow her back in the direction that I had just come from. My eyes twitched but I picked my bag back up and followed her to one of the staircases. We made our way down one of the huge hallways of the school, where at the very end was a huge set of doors. She looked at the sign and told me that it was an abandoned music room. She always seemed to forget that even though I was raised in America, my father gave me almost daily lessons on speaking, reading, and writing Japanese. There was no way I would've been accepted into the academy otherwise.

"It's abandoned? This could be a great spot." I said cheerfully. She opened the door and we were immediately met with a swirling of rose petals and a bright light behind it. I squinted my eyes, but the light faded and revealed a group of high school boys. I was a bit more than confused.

"Welcome." The six boys said in unison.

"It's the host club?" Haruhi said frantically, seeming to process the situation immediately.

"Huh? What's a host club?" I asked, but she didn't seem to hear me. She was too busy having a mental breakdown.

"Oh wow it's a boy." The auburn haired twins said in perfect unison. A boy? I looked between Haruhi and myself and definitely thought that they were speaking of her. I mean, she didn't look exactly feminine with her frumpy brown sweater, giant glasses, and messy short hair, but they seriously thought she was a boy? Haruhi said nothing of it, so neither did I.

"Hikaru, Kaoru, I believe this young man is in the same class as you. The girl as well?" A tall boy with glasses said to the twins.

"Yeah but he's shy, he doesn't act very sociably so we don't know much about him. The girl transferred here a week ago and she's just as quiet as he is. They only ever talk to each other." They said together. The one in glasses smirked.

"Well that wasn't very polite. Welcome to the Ouran host club, Mr. and Ms. Honour student." He said kindly, yet there was an ever-present iciness in his voice.

"What? You must be Haruhi Fujioka! You're the exceptional honour student we've heard about!" The tall blonde one said and looked at Haruhi with curious eyes. Haruhi hadn't noticed, she was trying to pry the door open so she could escape. I didn't understand the situation, let alone what a host club was.

Haruhi turned away from the door and gave him a strange look. "How did you know my name?" She asked.

"Well you're infamous. It's not every day that a commoner gains entrance into our academy." Glasses said. Commoner's, huh?

"Excuse me, but what's a host club?" I asked. He gasped, looking appalled yet intrigued.

"A host club – specifically the Ouran host club – my darling, is where the school's handsomest boys with too much time on their hands, entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands. Just think of it as Ouran Academy's elegant playground for the super-rich and beautiful." He smiled. He stopped smiling and looked down at me with a questioning gaze.

"I don't believe I've seen you around before. Are you new?" He asked. The twins snuck up next to him and stuck their hands on their hips.

"Didn't you hear..." The one of the right said.