Chapter Twenty-Eight- Help Is On The Way

Start from the beginning

"You didn't. I have to go." He said in a clipped voice.

"Why, Robert. Talk to me."

"I will have Roland take you home or wherever you want to go. He will be waiting for you by the front door when you are ready."

"I don't understand what is going on? Just talk to me."

"I can't Cadence. Just please leave." He walked out the door and slammed it.

I jumped at the noise. I noticed that my cheeks were wet and my eyes hurt. I turned around and looked in the mirror to see that I had been crying and hadn't realized it. My hair was wild and my body had small pink botches on it. I wiped my tears. How could he just throw me out like this? My mind had so many thoughts running through it. I slowly got up and grabbed his shirt off the floor. I remember my bag along with my coat was downstairs in his office. I had nothing and it was no way I was walking downstairs naked.

Damn Him! I rummaged through his drawers until I found some shorts. I quickly put them on. I couldn't believe I was leaving this house in men clothes and no shoes. My new rule- Always keep your bag with you, at all times.

As I closed the door to the dresser I saw a picture of a woman. She was a brunette with soft pink lips and small freckles on her nose. She was pretty and she was holding on to a younger version of Robert. They were kissing and seemed to be having a good time. I felt jealous of her because I no longer would see his smile. He had offically kicked me out and it was a complete shock.

I still couldn't believe what I had done wrong. He started it. He woke me up and started turning me on. We had done it a few times during the night nice and slow. He had asked me to go away with him only a few hours ago. What had changed? I wiped the last of my tears and closed the door to the dresser.

I picked up phone and tried to call Ben. I didn't want Robert to do anything for me. I didn't want to owe him. He had gotten his money's worth and now I was leaving. He didn't want to talk to me so, fuck him.

After trying three times, Ben didn't answer. Shit! I lived too far from here to walk. Next new rule- Always have money and credit card available at all times.

I wiped the last of my tears and the bracelet with the pearls jangled. I ripped it off and threw it in the bed. I didn't want his stupid ass gifts. I didn't need him. He was just one of many.

I ran down the stairs two at a time until I reached the bottom. The man I assume was Roland looked at me with confusion on his face.

"Are you Roland?" I asked. I was putting my hair up in a bun. I turned to see the clock to read five thirty in the morning.

"Yes, Mr. Grandeur told me to take you home. Are you ready?" I saw his face scrunch up a bit.

"Give me just a second." I wanted my things. I didn't want any evidence of ever being in this house. I walked to the door that was cracked. The fire crackled in the dark room. I didn't knock, I didn't owe him anything.

I walked in and saw him with his back turned to me facing the window. The sky was a deep orange as the sun began to rise. Although I was so angry I wanted to go to him. I wanted him to talk to me. I eased in and I didn't see my coat or bag on the floor. I looked around in panic because I didn't want to be in there any longer than I had to be.

I looked around and notice my items on the desk. Did I really want to walk in there and get them. One part of my mind said to get my stuff while the other part asked if it was worth it. I walked slowly to the desk trying to avoid making any noise.

When I reached the desk he whispered, "I'm sorry Cadence. I can't do this anymore."

My hand trembled as I grabbed my bag and paused. I closed my eyes willing the tears not to fall. I was a simple piece of ass and was worth nothing more. The one man I gave my virginity to was the man that kicked me out. Why did I choose him? He tricked me with his words. I believed them like an idiot. I was so naive. I deserved this.