Twenty Three: Missing Luke & Lake House

Leo's POV

I drive us all back home in near silence, with the occasional cry or sniff from Lucy or Darcy.

It's around six in the morning, so I plan to put them to bed as its early and we are not going to school or work today.

"We're home," I sigh and pull up in front of our house.

We all get out, me and Harry each retrieve one of the twins from Toms arms.

"C'mon Lucy Lu," I pick her up and put her on my hip, walking to the house while Tom opens up.
"How can I go to bed?" She cries into my shoulder, swinging her legs. "My tummy hurts. Bad."
"Shh babe, it's alright, just sleep now. No more tears," I reply, stroking her hair.

I don't know why she's saying her tummy is hurting her, but maybe it's because of anxiety or nerves. Lucy can also get worked up quickly which will turn into asthma attacks, and I don't want that.

We all go inside, and I close the door behind us.

"We taking them up to bed?" Tom asks, taking Darcy's shoes off for her as she's sprawled on Harry, crying quietly.
"Yeah," I nod.
"No, I'm not going to bed," Lucy mumbles.
"Neither," Darcy whimpers.
"You have too," I bluntly reply and put Lucy down and take off her coat and shoes.
"No," Lucy clings to me.
"C'mon, Let's go," Tom briskly walks upstairs and I follow.

Darcy and Lucy are sniffing and crying, missing Luke more than I expected.

"

Despite their struggles against us, we change them into their pjs.

"C'mon babe, go to sleepy time now," I rub circles on her back and swivel her so she's in my chest and hold her close.
"Please don't go, Luke's already gone," she whimpers tiredly, clinging onto my tear-soaked shirt.
"Shh, I'm not going anywhere, go to sleep."
"Love you," she mumbles.
"Love you more," I sigh and eventually both twins are asleep.

We put them in bed, and go to our own rooms to sleep ourselves - what a morning...

Harry's POV

We slowly slipped back into routine, Luke face timing us every night.

The twins are more quiet than usual, Tom is spending a lot of time with his girlfriend, Leo is having to work more since Luke's away, and I'm busy with sports and school.

Next week is Spring break, we are leaving tomorrow and spending two weeks at our Lake House. Except Luke, of course.

"Leo, can I FaceTime Luke?" Lucy comes into the living room, where me, Leo and Tom are watching tv, chilling, as it's Sunday.
"Missing him babe?" Leo softly says and pulls Lucy into his lap.
"Yes, so can I?" She lays her head on his chest.
"Sure," Leo nods.

Lucy goes off immediately and face times him on Leo's Mac.

"Poor baby," Tom sighs.

We talk and watch tv, Darcy joins us, but Lucy soon comes back.

"Hey, did you talk?" I grin and pull her onto my lap.
"No. He didn't pick up," she replies, burying her head into my chest, wrapping her arms round my neck.
"He'll just be busy babe, don't worry," Leo says.
"Yeah, don't worry," I add.
"C'mon, let's go pack," Tom says.

We are going for two weeks, so we need to pack quite a bit; I pack five pairs of shorts, three pairs of jeans, two tracksuit bottoms, eight ti-shirts and three smart shirts, two hoodies, trainers, toms and vans.