Seven: School

LUCY

One week later

"Where is everyone? We're meant to be going to the mall," Luke yells through the house.

It's the last day of the summer holidays, and right now, early afternoon, we are all going out to buy school essentials and clothes. Me, Darcy, Harry and Tom are going back to school, Tom is in his last year.

Leo and Luke will continue to have to go to meetings and conferences as they are carrying on our parents business.

Me and Darcy quickly stop watching an episode from a show we like and run out of our bedroom, and find Luke grabbing his keys in the hall.

"There you two are," he shakes his head. "You ready?"

I nod, "yep!" Darcy speaks and we put our shoes on.

We all get into the car, and Luke drives. After the twenty minute journey, we all separate, Harry and Tom head to do their shopping and Leo goes to the grocery store while Luke is with us.

"Excited for middle school Lu?" Darce asks me as walk towards the shopping centre.

"Kind of, I guess," I'm shy, and find new surroundings and new people overwhelming. 

"I can't wait to do hockey and football for school," Darcy says.

"Yeah, they'll want you on their teams," I smile, she giggles walking beside me. Everything about Darcy, even at ten, screams confidence. I wish I had it.

I have always been better at swimming and academics but Darcy has always been more sporty, she's so good at her hockey and football even though she doesn't play football outside of school. 

"No wondering off, got it?" Luke puts his phone away and places a hand on my shoulder as we walk inside the mall.

"Got it," Darcy grins. "Ooh, can we go there," she points to a store we like, it's pricey but our brothers have always spoiled of us.

"Of course," Luke nods and holds the door open for us as we walk in and we start to look around the clothes. He stays protectively close and shakes his head at clothes he doesn't like but lets us choose freely pretty much.

We are each happy with a handful of clothes, "you both sure with all the sizes?" He checks on my tops against me.

We nod, "think so!" 

"Let's go pay then," he smiles and takes our clothes for us and pays, holding the bags too. 

We head to a few more shops and boutiques to get a few more clothes. In the end I buy: three pairs of jeans, two skirts, eight tops, two hoodies, a fluffy coat for the winter, cute brown boots, white converses and black Nike trainers.

Darcy buys the same as me, but slightly different styles as she's more tomboyish than me, and she buys football boots instead of converses as she plays football for school.

We also pick up stationary and paper essentials for the new school year. Luke receives a phone call from Tom to say they're finished as we're checking out of Staples.

"There they are," Darcy points to Harry and Tom chatting in the distance with their bags. "Race you!" She grins.

I giggle and we sprint to them, leaving Luke behind with our bags. "Really?" I hear him.

Darcy reaches them a metre or two in front and surprises them.

"Hey, monkeys," Tom laughs. "Where's the old man?"