Seventeen: Our Christmas

Luke's POV

"LUKE! Wake up! It's Christmas!"

I groggily sit up and see Darcy and Lucy smiling and giggling on my bed.

"Happy Christmas lil' people!" I give them a hug and kiss. "Go wake up the others!" I let go of them, and they run off, bless them.

The Christmas Day started as normally as it could have done; without mum and dad.

We exchanged and opened presents, and sat around in the living room with a fire going, to make it cosy and Christmassy. We spoiled our little sisters with presents - but hey!

Then, for breakfast, we all had pancakes, maple syrup and fruit.

Right now, cheesy Christmas songs are playing in the background, as we all help to make Christmas dinner - this was the tradition with mum and dad, everyone in our family would do something towards the Christmas dinner - it makes it more personal, family-like and special.

Lucy is making the Yorkshire batter, Darcy and Leo are peeling vegetables, Tom and Harry are wrapping the sausages in bacon, and I'm seasoning the turkey crown.

Lunch was delicious - we pulled crackers, talked, laughed, et and drank!

As we all retire to the living room, I start to think about what I want to do.

I want to go and visit mum and dads graves, I feel like we should, it's Christmas, and I just...feel I need to go there.

The only problem is, is whether anyone else wants too - or even if I want the twins coming. They are quite young...maybe it's too soon.

We all settle down on the sofas, and watch a Christmas movie on telly.

"Lads, can I speak to you guys, for a minute?" I asked my brothers.
"Sure," Leo says.
"Don't worry twins, it will only take a sec," I reassure the twins' curious faces, and we leave the living room, and go into the kitchen.

"So, what's up?" Tom asks, sitting on a breakfast bar stool.
"Shoot," Harry nods.
"I would like to visit our parents graves," I blurted out. "Because it's Christmas, and all. I was thinking this evening. I feel like it's something we should do - though I understand if you guys don't want to visit..."
"I agree. Let's do it," Leo nods.
"Alright, yes, I'd like too," Tom says.
"Yes, we should," Harry adds.
"What about the twins?" I ask.
"I think they should go if they want too, if they don't, then one of us will stay behind with them," Tom says.
"Yeah, there's no pressure, if they don't want to go, then they don't have too," Leo agrees.
"Ok, yeah, let's do that then," I nod and we all walk back into the living room.

We decide to tell the twins later, we don't want to dampen their festive spirits.

I sit in between Darcy and Lucy on the sofa, and we all doze off, full of Christmas dinner...

Tom's POV

"Mate, wake up, I think it's time - we should probably go before it's dark completely," I shake Luke awake.
"Yeah, ok," Luke wakes up.
"Hey Lu, wake up baby, we're going out," I stroke Lucy's hair away from her face.
"W-what? Where?" She sits up, rubbing her eyes.
"Where are we going?" Darcy asks curiously, waking up too.

Luke bends down in front of them, I join him.

"Ok, we were thinking of going...to visit mum and dads...graves," Luke says.

Immediately, as he says this, the twins eyes fill with tears, that soon cascade down their little rosy cheeks.

"You don't have to go baby girls, if you don't want to go and visit then that's fine, one of us will stay with you," Luke quietly says, and pulls Darcy into his lap, while I pull Lucy into mine.
"What do you think? No pressure," I softly ask.
"Le-Let's go, it's the right thing to do...it's Christmas after all," Lucy shakily says, tears falling furiously down her face, soaking my shirt as she hides her face in my chest, but I don't care.
"Y-yeah, maybe it will offer closure, I j-just still can't believe it...I miss them so much Luke," Darcy cries and quickly wraps her arms around Luke's neck.
"I know, I know babe," Luke hugs her back, while Lucy hugs me too.