Four: Holiday

DARCY

"Knock knock," Tom taps on our half closed bedroom door, walking in.

I turn my attention to him for a second before glancing back at my Nintendo switch.

"Luke wants you two," Tom reveals why he's here.

"Why?" Lucy jumps off my bed where she was reading her book beside me.

"Because of what you have done," I look up at him, throwing my switch down onto my bed.

"I haven't done anything wrong!" Lucy's voice reaches a few octaves higher.

"C'mon," Tom opens the door and looks at me before winking.

"It's a stupid trick, Lu," I grab my twin's hand and follow Tom down the stairs.

"Says no one," Tom looks back, I poke my tongue out and find myself in the living room where Luke is sat, his laptop on his lap.

"You two, come sit," he says warmly, smiling up at us, reaching his equally warm eyes.

Lucy takes a step back from me, "the-the last time you said that-" I look back at her and see her eyes watering. Oh.

Tom swears under his breath before Luke swiftly gets up. "I'm sorry," he crouches down. "That was insensitive," he pulls her into him, shielding her tightly.

"Tom-Tom said we did something bad," her voice comes out muffled and strained. I can tell she's trying to keep her emotions bottled, something she rarely does. She wears her heart on her sleeve, making her somewhat vulnerable, even at eleven.

I smile at Tom, Luke looks up sharply, making Lucy visible again, "really?" He sighs, before picking Lucy up and sitting back down on the couch. "Darce," Luke looks at me and nudges his head. I climb up onto the sofa and sit next to him.

"Is it something, good?" Lucy looks hopeful, as if she can hardly dare to think that.

"Yes, it is!" Luke kisses her head. "I've booked a holiday. We're going tomorrow," he smiles again.

"Really?" I gasp, "where?"

"Spain," he shows me his laptop of where we are staying.

"Thank you, Luke, that's so cool!" Lucy sits up and looks at the screen, squealing at the pool pictures.

"You're mean!" Lucy jumps off of Luke and pushes Tom back, he humours her before picking her upside down and tickling her, making her squeal.

I laugh, jumping up and grab my twin's dangling arms, trying to pull her off Tom.

-/-

"You two all packed?" Leo greets us at our doorway as I struggle to zip up my suitcase.

"My suitcase is too full," I frustratedly hiss.

"Same," Lucy falls back in defeat.

"Do you both need all of those clothes?" Leo walks over before crouching between us, taking a peek.

"Yes!" I reply indignantly.

"We need options, Leo," Lucy says seriously.

He laughs, "course you do. Lu, sit on your case," he manages to zip it up without it breaking before doing the same with mine.

"Thanks," I get off and heave my suitcase up.

"I'll take those down, before either of you break your neck, walking down the stairs," Leo hastily gets up and grabs them from both of us. "Get ready for bed, okay?"