Mortal Pet. Immortal Master. 14

Good old uncle Angus. He was not really my uncle, more like a second father, but I have always called him that.

“What’s this then?” He exclaimed, his Scottish accent so thick I could barley understand him. His face was rosy and his smile was warm and inviting – just like his eyes, which were now staring intently at Ayesha’s tears.

“Relax uncle. I know what I’m doing.” I said, wiping a tear from her face. Ayesha was shaking again, fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

“Like ‘ell ya do lad.” Angus said. “The wee lass is practically naked, and not to mention scared stiff. What’ve ye done to ‘er?” He asked, walking towards her, his arms outstretched as if to hug her.

I growled putting myself between them – it wasn’t that I didn’t trust Angus; it was just that I wasn’t certain Ayesha was comfortable with him there. I saw her flinch at my growl and I stopped. I looked back at Angus and he was rubbing the red stubble on his chin with his chubby white fingers – he was deep in thought.

“Hmmm, Aaron, I’ll need ya te get out. I want te talk te ya wee lass ‘ere.” Said Angus. I froze, he was serious and I never disobeyed him, but what about Ayesha? I looked back at her and she was shaking so hard that I almost went up to her and hugged her, almost.

“How about I just sit in the corner?” I asked, hoping he would say yes. I held my breath and waited for his answer. Angus sighed and nodded in defeat. I almost jumped up punching the air.

Ayesha’s P.O.V:

The strange man came up to me, on his knees, his hands reaching for my own. I flinched back out of instinct but he caught my hands anyway – he was surely going to grab me and beat me till I couldn’t move. I began to whimper, not knowing that I was doing so until he spoke.

“Hush, m’ wee lass. No one ‘ere is gonna ‘urt ya.” He said, one hand pushing my chin up lightly so that I could face him. His eyes were a dark brown colour and they were soft as they looked up at me. His hair was a striking red and was just as long as the brown haired girls was. He had a smile on his lips and altogether he looked friendly. I could trust him.

“That’s right lass. I won’t ‘urt ya, neither will ya big boofhead ova th’ere.” He coaxed, his accent was quite funny and I managed a small smile at his goofy grin. He smiled back, showing his teeth and I shrunk back – teeth were not always used by the slave dealers but the customers sure liked to use them. Maybe that was who he was a customer, maybe my master would soon not be my master.

“’Ow’s th’e big buffoon ova th’ere been treatin’ ya?” He asked pleasantly. I did not know what he meant, and a buffoon? What is that? I heard my master growl and I froze, I did not know what to say and I knew I was going to get hurt because of that. I began to cry, my shaking rendering me immobile and my whimpers filling the room.

Aaron’s P.O.V:

She obviously didn’t know how to answer so I butted in. “I’ve not been so… happy. As you can see.” I said ashamed of my behaviour (I can’t believed I would ever say).

“Hmmm. I can see that. Ya’ve practically got ‘er petrified of yer next move.” Angus said, his tone was disapproving and yet, it had a hint of mischievousness to it.

“Yes I know. But do you think I am happy with what I’ve done?” I asked rhetorically, slowly moving over to Ayesha who was still shaking slightly.

Once I reached her, she didn’t know I was here as her eyes were down cast, I whisked her up into my arms in one quick movement. Her soft fragile body was pressed against my chest, the feeling of it was surreal – until she started whimpering, effectively ruining the façade I had.

“Shhh. It’s alright, I’m just taking you to Jakes room. Okay? I have some business to sort out.” Ayesha let out a cry and I unintentionally tightened my grip on her, causing her to gasp and shed a few tears.

“Ayesha, look at me.” I said softly. Her eyes were still down cast, looking at the floor when I just wanted her to look at me. I growled low and soft, something I wish I didn’t have to do. And it worked.

Her green eyes flashed up to mine, scared and hurt was the only emotions I could see. I felt so guilty, as now she is sobbing – as opposed to two minutes ago when she was whimpering.

“I-I-I’m so-o-orry.” She choked out. My guilt escalated. I sighed and set her down beside me. Her head came to just below my shoulders, her hand I had in my grasp and her feet pitter-pattered along the ground.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about. Please stop apologising.” I said, my voice gentle as I steered her around one of the corners.

“I-I’m so-” She stopped midway through a sentence, her eyes looking up at mine, checking for any signs of disapproval. When I softly smiled at her she looked down again.

“Where almost here, Jake will love the company – I’m sure. And I think his girlfriend is over too.” I mused. It would be an excellent chance for Jake and Kayla to tell her I’m not as bad as she thinks I am.

When we arrived at the door, after knocking twice, Kayla opened it.

“Aaron.” She squealed, jumping on me. “I haven’t seen you in ages.” She got off my and looked at Ayesha. “And who is this?” she paused her eyes travelling back up to mine. “You never told me you had a girlfriend – WHO YOU BEAT!?” She scolded.

I looked down ashamed. “I, uh, I gotta go. Take care of Ayesha for me.” I mumbled and ran off.