How You Spend Memorial Day

Memorial Day was instigated right after the Civil War to honor the horoic war dead. This day was marked by celebration in thanks of the men, and now woman who had paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Today we mark the day with BBQs, opening our swimming pools, spending time with family, and buying new furniture at Rothmans, (I am so sick of that Rothman's comertial!). Take some time before you read this chapter to thank a vertan if one is close, and or take a moment a silence to thank those brave men in woman who paid it all.

(When you are still dating)

Jack

You two spent Memorial Day with your family, even though they did understand the big whoopty do, you spent the afternoon laughing as a family and having a checkers tournament out on the roof of the apartment building with a few other families.

Davey

You two snuck away and joined the festivities in Central Park, you made the two of you a small picnic lunch which you enjoyed after the two of you won a potato sack race.

Kid Blink

The Mayor wanted you to hang around him all day, seeing as how you were his 'daughter,' but you and Blink had pre-made plans to sneak away to Long Island to see the mouse races. So you snuck off and had a fun time drinking Pepsi-Cola, (He drank something a tad stonger) eating popcorn, and having lots of fun.

Spot

Your brother went to his girlfriend's house, and didn't invite you, so you went over to the docks to meet up with Spot. He and his boys were goofing around, and swimming in the still cold water. Spot was just sitting on the docks watching, so you sat down next to him and talked while you watched the boys swim.

Mush

You two decided it would be fun to change it up a bit, so you went to the ocean front and strolled on the sand hand in hand, laughing at the kids stupid enough to go in the water.

Crutchy

Some days things don't always go as planned. You two had decided to go to Crutchies thinking place, and when you showed up, you foung out it was another couple's kissing place. Crutchy was frustrated, so he went over and nudged the guy with his crutch. The kid looked up, and you were shocked to see your younger, 15 year old, brother. Crutchy and you both gave him a light scolding and sent the two of them on their way, so you could have your spot back. You talked for the rest of the day, your head rested on his shoulder.

Racetrack

You were torn on what to do, Race wanted to go to the races, and you wanted to go to Central Park, so you compromised and went to the place where you had went for your first day near the Brooklyn Bridge. You packed a lunch and he packed some poker cards, so you talked, ate, and played poker. Surprizingly, you actually won a few.

Boots

Boots spent the day with you and your family. Your family drove you crazy, but they actually were halfway decent today. There was pleanty to eat, and games to play out behing the tenement building. You and boots spent most of the afternoon seing who could get more ringers in hores shoe pitching.

Specs

Both of you were a tad on the introverted side, so big celebrations was not your thing, but you didn't forget about the heroic war dead. You snuck some flowers from a few peoples flower boxes and put them on some of the military graves in the nearby cemetery.

Skittery

Wanting to get out of the city, you put a map on the table and loked to see where the nearest bit of fresh air might be. You came up with nothing. Feeling sad that you would be stuck in the smog infested city, you spent the rest of day out back in the cemitary of one of the local churches, the grass and relitive quiet made you feel like you were sitting in your own little piece of country.

Bumlets

Oscar and Morris were bugging you and wanted you to spend the day with them and your brother, but you didn't want anything to do with that. Thankfully, Bumlets saved you. He came strolling down the streed with a smile on his face, swung his arm around your shoulders and walked you away. You two hung out, and he even splurged to buy the two of you a bowl of vanilla ice cream.