Part 32: The Math Date

Start from the beginning

"Really?" He mouthed unamused and your shrugged your shoulders before mouthing back 'woops' with a grin plastered on your face.

"As I just mentioned, some did well while others... Didn't." Luke finished his sentence when Meredith came back on her feet and placed your math assignment on your table. He was looking right directly at you while speaking and when you saw your grade point at 1,5 you looked up at him with daring eyes.

"But check out your responses and please don't make the same mistakes next time. The exams are near and I want you all to do well so I can prove to the teacher academy that I deserve my diploma." He finished and wrapped his bag over his shoulder, smiling in polite when people gathered their stuff together.

You didn't even hesitate to throw your books into your bag and swung it over your shoulder, still holding the math assignment crumbled in your hands as you walked past Luke.

He was wearing the same smirk you wore seconds ago, pleased about his indirect comment and wiggled his eyebrows at you cockily. You rolled your eyes by his act and walked out of the classroom, heading towards your locker to switch out a few books.

"Hey Y/N." Dylan chirped from your left, opened his own locker and looked down at you with a smile, "All lonely without your usual partner in crime? Where is he even I didn't see him at psychology this morning?"

You shrugged your shoulder irritated by the mention of Matty and shut your locker. "He's been sick I guess. Caught a flu or something. I don't know man." You tried your best to make your tone sound less annoying and less like if you were lying.

"He's with a girl isn't he?" Dylan asked with a hint of smirk on his face, "Matty is literally never sick unless he's allergic to something and if I know him well he just started dating this older girl. Am I right?"

You rolled your eyes and leaned your shoulder against your locker. Why even lying at this point? Matty couldn't care less if Dylan knew it, it wasn't like he would tell anyone or his parents for the matter.

"Yes he's with a girl. Her name is Zoey." You said with almost disgust, but you couldn't prevent the smile creeping on your lips.

"How cute." Dylan commented and grabbed his football jersey from his locker and wore it over his shoulders, "So how does it feel to be independent now when you have to share him with someone else? That must be the first time ever since we started high school."

You looked at him with a lost expression, feeling goosebumps appear on your skin by his question. It wasn't his intention and he didn't knew what he just did to you but just the mention of sharing made you think of Luke, his smirk flashing before your eyes.

"It's okay, I guess. New but okay." You mumbled in hesitation, fiddling with the sleeves of your shirt.

He grinned lightly and took a look down at the paper in your hands. You glanced down as well and it was a mix of frowns that embraced your faces.

"Oh what a bummer." He commented and fiddled with the paper with his fingers to get a better look, "Mr. Hemmings doesn't even give in for the pretty girls?"

You blushed lightly his compliment and shook your head. "He doesn't give a fuck for anything at the moment." You mumbled and furrowed your eyebrows when you looked over Dylan's shoulder. Luke had just walked out of the classroom and now he was heading towards your direction.

"Well maybe if you want I could tutor you now at the libra-"

Dylan stopped in track by the sudden presence of Luke behind him and he turned around with a puzzled look.

"What?" You asked and placed a hand to your hip watching Luke smirking while having his arms crossed.

"You forgot something."