II.

"Perhaps there were no soul mates, I thought and love was neither written in the stars or planned by the gods but a choice, one built of hope and sweat and blood and trust, not served on a silver platter by the whim of fate but something that must be earned and fought for."

Days passed, weeks passed, months passed and finally years. Cycles of the season changed with the speed of the hurricane.

Now-a-days Manik was in London because of a business deal. He had become a work-a-holic. He rarely used to talk to anyone. He was in a hotel walking out after a long two hours of meeting. A cute boy nearly 9 years old was running and bumped into Manik.

"Hey, watch out boy!"

"I'm sorry!"

"It's okay! But you should be careful."

Suddenly that boy's eyes fell on Manik's hand and what he saw made him smile ear to ear.

"Musical tie bracelet!!!" These were the only words he could utter after seeing that bracelet.

Looking at that bracelet, Manik went into the memory lane, all memories of Nandini flashed in his mind.

FLASHBACK

It was Valentine's Day and Manik brought a special gift for Nandini. She was very curious to know what special he bought for her.

"Manik, what is this?"

"See yourself"

"Musical tie bracelet?! Wow!!!" Nandini smiled ear to ear.

"Yes musical tie bracelet. Do you know Nandini, what musical tie represents?"

"Of course, it means two musical notes together, without one there is no meaning of the other. These two notes are just incomplete without each other."

"Exactly, this represents us Nandini. Like we too are incomplete without each other. We are together forever. Even after infinity!"

Manik made her wear that bracelet and himself wore the same one too.

"Henceforth this bracelet will remind us about our togetherness, our true love and how destiny made us together forever!" Manik said and Nandini smiled ear to ear. She was overwhelmed by Manik's sweet gestures and she hugged him in the next moment and Manik responded back with love.

FLASHBACK ENDS

A great wave of guilt went inside him and he closed his eyes as if trying to hold his emotions which were already out of control.

"Yes! It's a musical tie!" Manik said, still shutting his eyes tightly.

"Daddy!"

"What?" Manik opened his eyes. He was all shocked to hear daddy from an unknown kid.

"Yes! You are my daddy, right?" Asked that boy. His eyes were shining just like a star.

"Boy, you are misunderstanding. I'm not your daddy!" said Manik, trying to make him understand.