Brandon had came over after his class. We were in my room talking.

"I'm not kissing his ass. I've called him a million times and he blocked my calls so whatever."

"Then take your ass to wherever he is and bring him some flowers or something and be ready to bust it wide open if need be."

"I'm not going over there. Especially since Jarvis is there."

"Right. I forgot flying monkey live there. Then roll up on his ass after one of his classes."

"Brandon, I am not chasing after O. I went on a date with Juice yes, but I did not have sex with him like O is thinking."

"You do know why he's reacting like this, don't you?"

"I have no clue and don't care."

"He's in love with  you dumbass."

"Brandon, please. Odell loves the ratchets. I'm not even on his radar in that way."

"You are so dumb. So dumb. So fucking dumb."

"How am I dumb?"

"Didn't you say he said when y'all was arguing---A nigga give your ass one compliment, you ready to hop on his dick. But a nigga that be down for your black ass, care for you, treat you like gold you can't even see that shit."

"Yeah."

"He's essentially saying you'll give flying monkey a chance, but you won't look twice at him, someone who has always treated you well."

"He meant that in a friendship way."

He plopped on my bed, laying back facing the ceiling and shook his head like I was pathetic. "You are so oblivious. So oblivious. Here this fine ass man wants you in the worse way, and he's telling you this shit through his action and you are oblivious."

"What do you mean his actions? He has never came on to me?"

"So he supposed to be like Juice and whip the dick out?"

"No, but I mean as much time as we spend together he never has said like "oh well I like you K. Or tried to kiss me or anything."

"It's because he's respecting your boundaries."

"Brandon, I've been down this road before. People hype you up about someone liking you and then your ass gets embarrassed because they were simply being nice."

"Yes that happens but this is not the case."

"Then why is he always with the ratchets?"

"Because he's a man and he's single. And he has needs. And if they throwing, he catching. But I bet you they ass don't know his mama. I bet you they ass ain't got they initials in his gloves. I bet you he ain't telling ESPN they are his fucking inspiration."

"He never said that about me."

Brandon pulled out his phone and clicked on a YouTube clip. It was O doing an interviewing when they had spring practice with ESPN-U. He fast forwarded it to 4:42.