Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(Pic: Steven's Strong Bold Wolf)

Bryan's POV

I walked up the back stairs to the back of the pack house, being as quiet as possible. It had taken me forever to get Steven to let me leave his house and have him take me back to my pack's territory. I had to promise him that I would see him this afternoon, well, more like in two hours. I mean damn was he possessive. But that's what I loved about him.

Wait, did I love him? I thought about the words in my head over and over multiple times and every time I thought about being with him, or being in his arms, like last night, it gave me butterflies.

As I opened the door to the guest bedroom I had been occupying the past week, still engorged in my own thoughts, it was as if an atomic bomb went off.

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!" Mona screamed as I jumped from the unexpected. I looked up to see her standing beside the bed and then I looked over at the window to see Sean just standing there, being quite and scolding at something.

I began to slowly turn around and tried to escape, but Mona was just a bit faster due to her rage. She flew to the door and slammed it shut.

"Don't you even think about it!" She hissed at me and pointed to the bed.

Like a scared puppy, I backed up and walked over to the bed, and plopped down on it. I knew I was gone for a few hours, but I wasn't expecting anything like this when I came back.

"I was--"I started but she interrupted me.

"I don't give a fuck where you were! What the hell is wrong with you? Have you ever heard of a phone? Or a note? While you were off doing whatever, we were worried sick. Sean and I have had to cover for your ass!" I quickly looked over to Sean to see that he hadn't moved from his spot.

"If you'll--" But again I was stopped!

"I'm not finished!" Mona yelled. "Do you realize what your parents would have done, or the Alpha, for that matter, if they had found out you were gone with no note for the past 24 hours? We come home from school, expecting you to be in bed, but find you completely gone; missing!"

"You're the future Beta Bryan. If your going to be my Beta, I need to know where you're at, at all times." Sean spoke up for the first time, finally looking at me.

He moved away from the window, his movement strong and powerful, but also had an air of grace to them. I could also make out the slight vibe of him being utterly pissed. It was never a good sign when Sean was quiet angry! You knew you pissed him off if he was quiet, which rarely ever happened!

He stood in front of the bed, next to Mona, and just glared at me. "How can we trust you if you don't talk to us? How will I be able to trust you?"

Okay, I've had enough.

"Like I was--"

"I wasn't--" Sean began, but I had enough of being chowed out!

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I yelled out, not giving them the chance to continue. I could feel something happening inside of me. I could feel a change with my wolf, but I ignored it, stilled angry at the lecture I was being given.

"I'm sorry I didn't leave a note, but I wasn't expecting for Steven to find me and take me to his place! And on top of that, I don't have to tell you where I've been or what I've been doing!" I snarled out. It felt weird talking back to my future Alpha like this, but I didn't care.

"You will not--" Sean growled out at me, but I wouldn't have it.

"Be quite!" Sean instantly went silent and Mona only stared at me.

The change I had been feeling was getting bigger and I felt like I had more power; more control. I felt like ... an Alpha. But how could that happen? I was born a Beta, I wasn't supposed to have to power to silent an Alpha, even a future Alpha.

"Bryan, how did you..." Mona didn't finish her sentence.

"I don't--" But I stopped abruptly as I had a new thought. Steven! He had a reputation for being one of the strongest Alpha's, but that couldn't be! We hadn't even finished the mating ritual, but maybe I was still changing because we hadn't.

"Steven." Was all I said as I pulled down my shirt and showed them my mark.

_____________________

Author's Note:

I know, I know, I know! Please don't yell at me for this one being short, but i promise that the next chapter will be much longer! ... Especial with the scene that's going to happen at the school!!!

I know I'm evil for putting a cliffhanger and a vague detail about what going to come next, but that's what makes the tension good! XD

Please, as always, remember to,

VOTE,

COMMENT

& SUBSCRIBE / FOLLOW!!!