[Chapter 24- "You Are My World"]

The song attached is what I listened to while writing this. Enjoy!

---

"Are you kidding me", Jin mutters through gritted teeth as he continues to maneuver through branches with Jihyun following close behind. He stops and turns, a look of sympathy gracing his features as he looks to see the position of the sun in the sky.

"What's wrong", she asks as her voice comes out as broken and tired.

"The forest is doing it again", he says as he frowns and his eyes glimpse into hers, flashes of what she's seen bubble in front of his vision. He's able to see what's caused her to act like this and he feels his own heart crumble.

She's remembering...

"I'll try to get you back to Jimin as soon as I can", Jin tells her softly, as if he's scared to say something to break her any further. She gives a slow nod as she tries to shut down her thoughts, not wanting to remember anything anymore. If she knew that it would be this painful, she would rather take it all back and stay clueless.

Ignorance is bliss after all.

"Jin", she mutters and he nods for her to continue as her eyes gaze to the floor. "I take back what I said about wanting to remember... I'm scared", her voice comes out as brittle as she wraps her arms around herself. "I don't want to remember. I feel like that there's a certain something that's going to crash me if it resurfaces", she says and her eyes look up from the floor to look into Jin's. He quickly looks away guiltily, his hand beginning to rub his opposite arm nervously. She immediately notices this and grits her teeth. "And of course you know it because the guilt on your face is starting to annoy me frankly", she says and she closes her eyes, her head beginning to pound once again.

"Please", she begs as she feels another memory starting to pour into her thoughts.

"Please.. what? What's going on-"

"I can feel another memory coming", she grits her teeth as a tear slips passed her clenched eyelids, a warm trail leaving a wet pathway down her cheek.

"Promise me", he mutters as he tries to get a better look of her face. She moves her head to avoid contact and this only angers him.

"Promise me Jihyun!" He shouts as his hands grasp onto her shoulders, pushing and pulling so that he's shaking her. She shakes her head as she places her hands over her eyes, wanting to cover the tears that seem to leak constantly.

"I'm sorry", she mutters and his jaw clenches as he swallows, his heart trembling in agony as he watches her cry before him.

"Don't be sorry", he mutters and he removes his tight grip from her shoulders, his hands moving to the sides of her arms to rub them gently. "Just... you promised me you wouldn't... and you still did it anyway", he says and she shakes her head as she tries to wipe away her warm tears.

"I know and I... I feel like I deserve it Jimin... it's my fault that she died in the fire. It's my fault she burned to death", she says her last sentence with a harsh sob. He blinks away his own tears as he gently grasps onto one of her wrists, pulling it towards him so he can kiss her palm gently.