[Chapter 14- Don't You Trust Me?]

---

She cries all night long while clutching her little sisters bear close to her chest. The burnt patches of fur feel rough but fragile against her skin and the smell is no longer like her little sister. Instead, the smell of it is replaced with the smell of burning wood mixed with an intoxicating smell of other burnt plasters and fake fur.

The little girl smiles a toothy grin and hugs her bear closer to her chest, looking at her older sister with shining eyes. "Can I sleep with you in your bed, Jihyun?"

"Mija you can always sleep with me... and annoy me till your hearts content... but please..." Jihyun sobs as her vision continues to blur as she watches her closed bedroom door. She wishes that her little sister would just walk into her room with her same cheery grin that she would always seem to have to cheer her up.

"Come back to me", Jihyun says shakily to no one in particular as she feels her heart tremble beneath her rib cage. Tears pour from her eyes as she sits up in her bed, her body turning to face the window behind her. She crawls closer to the window and leans her forehead against the glass, continuous tears pouring from her eyes slowly.

"Mija, you were my reason for living so long... I wanted to see you grow older... I wanted to be the person you could look up to and I wanted to be the person to protect you..." Jihyun sobs as she closes her eyes to stop the stream of tears from falling anymore. She wanted to be able to go through tough times with her sister and eventually, when they're both old enough, to travel and adventure to different places together. "I wanted to do so much with you, Mija..." Jihyun cries and her eyes open slowly as her head turns to the side to look at her little sisters favorite toy. She extends her hand and grasps onto the bears arm, pulling it closer to her for comfort.

"You're still here... Mija... You'll help me by showing me your small smile, like you always do", Jihyun cries and suddenly the loud noise of stone gently hitting against glass causes the crying girl to jump in her bed. Continuing to clutch the bear close to her, she looks out the window and scans her eyes across the ground in front of her house. She finally finds the culprit that had thrown the stone and the boy waves his hand to her with a small smile, gesturing for her to open her window.

"Are you crazy?" She mouths as she slowly opens the window skeptically with a small sniffle. She looks down as her head and shoulders stick out from the window to get a better look of the orange haired boy.

"Hey there pretty lady", Jimin whispers loudly so she can hear him. She gives him a trembling smile as she quickly tries to wipe away the stray tears that were falling down her cheeks, not wanting them to slip and fall onto Jimin who's right below her.

Too late.

Drip.

Jimin watches as Jihyun continues to wipe away her tears, one of them already falling and dripping right onto his cheek. The sound the tear makes when it hits Jimin's face is like the sound of a single rain drop hitting gently in grass or dirt- almost silent, but still heard loudly in his ears.

"Jihyun, come down", Jimin calls to her but she shakes her head as she removes her hands from her cheeks.

"How do you expect me to get all the way down there?" Jihyun says with eyebrows furrowing and Jimin's laughter rings like a child's giggle who's excited to receive a present.

"If you won't come down, then I'll climb up", Jimin replies in a singsong voice while smiling happily but mischievously. Jihyun's eyes widen and her eyes glance towards the pipe next to her window that leads down to the ground.