The Fall

"So...you just aim towards the targets above with this device here?"

"Yeah." Steven pointed a finger towards the screen. "And you just gotta get all of them before they crossed this line right here."

Peridot hummed. "It seems quite simple. What's the point of this...'game' again?"

"I just thought about showing you some of the games I play, to...y'know, just to keep your mind off things"

It had been a few days since they took care of the Cluster

It had been a few days since they took care of the Cluster. Things were going great. The destruction of the planet had been avoided, Malachite was taken care of and Lapis Lazuli was on their good side again.

Taking a break from all these end of the world shenanigans, Steven decided to introduce Peridot some of his favourite pastimes, video games.

Swiping at the screen, Peridot continued to blast the marbles at the top of the screen with precise accuracy. "The hole over there still worries me. We should probably make an attempt to fill it up soon."

"Yeah, but now, it's game time. Ooh! Get that power up."

"Yes!" Peridot cheered as she pasted the fourth level in merely just 5 minutes. "This is easy for a sharp shooter like me." She proclaimed.

"Yeah...that kinda reminds me." Steven shifted on his spot. "What actually is your weapon Peridot?"

The sound of bubbles popping died down. Peridot's enthusiastic grin faltered a little before slowly turning into a look of distraught. Her shoulders slumped as she paused the game. Biting her lower lip, she answered.

"I...don't really know."

The farmhouse was silent save the faraway sound of thunder signaling a storm approaching. Steven blinked twice, a look of shock on his face. He opened his mouth to ask on but was cut off when his friend continued.

"Peridots were made small and thus not suitable as warrior gems in Homeworld. Instead, we were trained to work as elite mechanics and engineers. Peridot gems were assigned to handle architectural projects and mishaps that occurred among the mechanical equipments."

The candlelight from the lantern flickered, casting ominous shadows on the wooden walls. It's getting gloomy outside with rain clouds closing in. "Artificial limbs were given for us to perform our tasks more efficiently. Being an...ahem...appreciated member of Yellow Diamond's team of mechanics provided me with...excess safety. Not to mention the self defence features that comes with my limb enhancers."

Peridot seemed to smile at the memories. But it only lingered for a moment before she went on.

"Ever since, I never really required summoning my weapon, more less even learning how to summon it." Peridot glanced over to Steven before continuing. "Until now, I still don't know what my weapon really is."