Lots Of Questions

Illustrations will be added later.
- - - - -

And by 'escape', you mean...?" Steven tiled his head in question.

"I meant," Peridot spared a glance at the book on her bed before continuing.

"We need to get out of here Steven."

"Wait what?" Steven pulled the covers aside and got off the bed. That sentence had caught his full attention. "Peridot, is there something wrong?"

"I think we should leave this place as soon as possible."

"What?" Steven furrowed his eyebrows "But, what's the hurry?"

"Steven," Peridot said as she took a breath. "Don't you think it's awfully suspicious that Toriel told us that this was out new 'home'?"

"Well... I think Toriel just want us to feel welcome here." Steven said a matter of factly.

"And how she just so specially prepared an extra room for us?" She pressed on.

Steven paused a moment, and answered, "She...probably likes to have people over?

"And not to mention that it's a..."children's" bedroom from the looks of it."

Steven flinched. He had never actually realized that it was indeed a bedroom for children at first. Probably due to the exhaustion he had when they came here.

He took the chance to fully take in the appearance of the bedroom. Small beds, stuff toys and a boxes full of little shoes.

A lot of little shoes, with different sizes?

"Maybe...she helps to babysit...?"

Peridot expression was incredulous. Babysit...it means a sort of service or assistance in looking after a child or children while their guardians were away right? Darn it to Steven's comebacks.

She placed a hand on her chin, pondering for something to change his mind.

And she got it.

"Then," she started. "Why does it seem that it was untouched?"

Steven's eyes widen. Peridot had a point.

His went over what Peridot said. If Toriel really does babysit, the room shouldn't be this well kept all this time.

As if nobody had ever use it for a long time.

Wasn't Toriel a good person? She seemed so nice. After all that before, would she really....

Steven's mind was going through and inner turmoil. Contemplating which statement to trust or not.

Peridot noticed the uncertainty in Steven's expression. His head was slightly lowered and he was playing with his fingers. Clearly troubled by the statement she had said.

Her eyes soften at the sight. "Look...it's just that..." Her hand absentmindedly rubbed her neck as she let out a sigh. "There's something you should be aware about."

Steven raised his head to notice Peridot going over to the bed next his. He can't make it out much because of the lack of light but it seemed that she was fetching something from the bed.

When the green gem returned, Steven saw that she was carrying a book in her hands. She took a seat on the bed. "

"You might wanna sit down for this..."

...

(Time skip)

...

Steven was silent through the whole explanation. His eyes never leaving the book in Peridot's hands.

Was it true?

He didn't realize he was grasping the naval part of his body, where his mother's gem was.

'Mom...'

Closing the book shut, Peridot crossed her arms. "Now do you see why do we nee-"

Peridot's sentence was cut short when she turned to look at the young gem. Steven had already got off the bed and picking up his backpack, zipping it up.

She got of the bed as well, eyes never leaving him as he walked towards the door, stopping there.

"Peridot?" He called out.

"What is it?" Peridot responded curtly.

Steven turned around, a small smile on his face.

"Thanks for telling me."

He reached out and turned the doorknob.

"Let's go home."

A quick chap for you guys.
Let's just say I kinda...got stuck at the end there... Not really good in continuing after some dramatic scene and junk.
But don't fret, after this got posted, a few days later, a new chap should be up.
Hopefully...
Till then, baiiiiiiiiiiiiii.