Hands of Trust

And here's Chapter 3. This one was a bit of a doozie to write.
Enjoy~
----------------------------------------------

Steven opened his mouth in awe. Walking towards them was a goat who stood on their hind legs. She wore a purple colored ankle-length dress with white sleeves and a turtle neck. The way she walked gave out an aura similar to a queen. She smiled warmly and approached the huddled pair. "Are you alright my children?" She asked in a motherly tone.

Steven shakily stood up and helped Peridot back onto her feet. Peridot was gazing at the goat woman from head to toe, eyes wide with fascination. The goat woman stopped in arm-length in front of them. "My name is Toriel, caretaker of the Ruins. I come by here once in a while to see if any humans has fallen down here. Fortunately, I came just in time." Her smile was sincere and her voice was reassuring.

Steven waved his hand "H-Hi. I'm Steven and this is Peridot. Thank you so much for saving us back there."

Peridot slowly let go of Steven's hand. "Y-Yes, you have my thanks for the rescue. That flower was really getting on my nerves." She reached out her hand "Peridot. A pleasure to meet you Miss Toriel."

Toriel chuckled lightly and shook Peridot's hand "Call me Toriel child." She bent down and looked at Peridot with concern. "And what an....unique complexion you have little one. Tell me my dear, are you perhaps....feeling unwell?"

Peridot flinched. Her expression showed that she felt insulted. She took a deep breath. "I can assure you Toriel, I'm feeling fine. My complexion here is because I'm actually a gem. Our bodies usually bear traits similiar to our gemstones." She pointed at her forehead where her gem is. "And thus, giving my skin its color you see before your eyes." She crossed her arms as she finished her explanation.

For a moment there, Toriel smile faded and her eyes avoided their stares. Peridot expression soften at her reaction.

The goat woman blinked twice before her smile returned. "A gem I see. It's been a while since I  heard about them...." Her voice dimmed at that last word.

"Speaking of which, it's very dangerous to be out here defenseless. Come, I'll be your guide through the catacombs." She held her hands out at the duo, giving them a patient smile.

Steven was about to grab her hand when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "My apologies Toriel but could I have a word with Steven?" Peridot showed a pretty serious expression on her face.

"Why of course. Take as much time as you need my children." Toriel held back her paws together in front of her as Peridot dragged Steven into a corner.

When they were sure they were out of hearing range, Steven asked "Peridot, is there something wrong?" Peridot let go of Steven's arm and turned to look at him.

"Im not sure if we're supposed to trust this...goat woman who calls herself Toriel." Her eyes dropped to stare at the ground.

"Huh? Why not? She seems pretty nice."

"If you have not noticed we were nearly terminated by a talking plant. Who knows what she might do to us." Peridot said while waving her arms at her side.

"But it's better than staying out here and waiting for that freaky flower or anything else to come for us. C'mon, I have a feeling she's a good guy." He reached out and held one of Peridot's hands and laid his other hand on it.

"I promise I'll not let anything hurt you when I'm around."

Peridot hesitated at Steven's words. But in the end, she went along with Steven decision. "Fine. But just so you know, I'm blaming you for whatever bad happens." She grumbled and crossed her arms.

Steven giggled "Okay okay. C'mon, Toriel's waiting for us." They ended their discussion and went back to where Toriel was standing. When she saw them coming over, her smile brighten.

"Ah, I see you have finished your conversation over there." She once again offered them her hands. "Would you like to come with me now little ones?" She asked warmly.

"You bet! And thanks again helping us back there." He reached out and held her hand. "Your paws are so soft and fluffy Toriel." He said with amazement.

Toriel blushed slightly "Oh aren't you a sweet one. Well, you can say that I'm full of fuzz and all that." Steven let out a giggle at the pun.

Toriel turned to look at the green gem who hasn't accepted her hand yet. "Is there something bothering you Peridot?" She asked.

 "Is there something bothering you Peridot?" She asked

Peridot stared at the white paw with uncertainty. She carefully raised her hand and placed it on Toriel's. Her eyes widen and her cheeks blushed with a tint of green.

What was this feeling she was getting? She felt...warm and...safe. She hadn't felt anything like this before. She looked back up at Toriel and gave a nervous smile.

Toriel seemed satisfied with their choices. "Come now my children. Let us be on our way." She turned around with the two by her side and headed towards another doorway. Steven was pacing happily on Toriel's right. Peridot, on the other hand, couldn't help but felt that they were being watched.

What she didn't know it was because she was right. Hiding in a corner was someone with shades of yellow and a pair of gleaming eyes.

"So gems really do exists!" The stalker then gave a smirk of amusement.

"Things just got interesting...." He then dug back into the ground.

And...STOP.
Woohoo, goat mom came just in time to save the day! I think you could guess who's that secret stalker spying on them.
And yes, I'm bad puns. I'm currently cracking my head to come up with some good ones when a certain punny guy comes out. (See what I mean?)
Please comment if there's any mistakes or improvements that can be made tho.
Till then, byeeeee~