Walmart Surprises

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes. "O it's your skills. Not me kissing some gloves."

"I'm telling you it is. Our record in all my years playing have never been off to this good of a start. It's cause of you, I keep telling you."

"If you say so." I wasn't a believer.

"We gon win a championship this year I feel it. As long as we don't break our ritual."

"You are weird." I pulled some lint out of his hair.

"But you love my weird ass tho." He popped me upside my forehead with his fingers.

"Stop." I slapped his hand.

He laughed.

There was a moment of silence.

"I think since you didn't get Rhodes you should apply to grad school in the place where I get drafted. You can live with me. I'll take care you." He looked at me.

"Odell I don't want to live with you and the random rats you'll have running in and out."

"I wouldn't bring women back to our house. I just need you there. Wherever I am so I can get adjusted you know? It's the big stage and I can't do it without my co-star. Even if she look like A-Town without makeup."

"you don't even know what number you are going to get drafted."

"That's why I am saying just wait until I know. Then the time you have between applying and getting accepted I'll
Take care of you."

"So I'm just supposed to do nothing for half a year? Besides be your maid and cook which I know that's what I'm going to be doing for you."

"No you can do like a chemistry internship or something until you get accepted."

"I don't know O. It sounds good in theory but I don't know how practical that is."

"All the analyst who are usually right say I'll probably go 13 to the New York Giants. So apply to Cornell. That's Ivy League and I know you'll get in."

"I'll think about it."

"That's all I want you to do is think about it. And think about how miserable you'll be without me."

"Oh yes. I'll be so miserable." I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled then suddenly looked at me serious just staring in my eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that." It scared me a little bit. I wondered what he was thinking about.

"I'm looking at that non-existent hair line."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "What were you thinking about?"

"When?"

"When you was looking at me all serious."

"How mama keep trying to ship us. She really want us together and for you to be her daughter in law." He chuckled.

"Well we all know that's not going to happen." I fluffed my pillow and laid down.

"But if it did. That would be crazy wouldn't it? You and me. We been searching for what was right here all along." He said serious.