Chapter Thirty-Three

[Justin's POV] 

"Hi, you've reached Selena," I hear her soft voice come in through the phone with the same exact words from the last five times I've tried calling her. "Sorry I couldn't answer the phone. Leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

Will you?

I hear a beep and wipe my nose with the back of my hand as I sniffle. "It's me again," I start, racking my brain around to try and think of what to say. "I-I miss you, Selena." I bite my lip to keep a sob from leaving my lips but I fail and I break down crying again. "I know you're listening to this. So please, come back to me. I need you, baby." I pause as I sniffle again and try to talk clearly. "Call me back, please. At least tell me that you're alright. I love you, so much, Selena. So, so, so much."

I tap the end button on my screen. My fingers tighten around my phone before I carelessly throw it across the room. It hits hard against the wall and falls to the floor with a thud. I hear a crack and I'm more than positive that I broke my screen. Not that I really give a fuck.

Rubbing my face with my hands I slouch back into the couch. I didn't need to look at myself to know that my eyes were red and puffy along with my face being stained with tears. All I've done is cry my eyes out since she left me.

It's been three days. I've cried for three days straight and I haven't slept at all. No matter how hard I try to get her off my mind, I can't.

I've called her at least five times each day that has gone by. Every single time the phone continues to ring until it finally goes to voicemail. At least I know she's not declining my calls. I know she listens to my voicemails, so I try to tell her how much I love her in hopes that'll give her the strength to call me back.

But so far I haven't got one text or call back. Not even from Louis or Alfredo. They've all completely ignored me. I was basically on my own.

The last time I was alone was when my parents kicked me out after they couldn't take anymore of my shit. I was sixteen at the time and had to take care of myself. I had no one to run to anymore.

Now look where I am. I'm stuck in the same position again.

I never thought she would leave me though.

I lay down on the couch and grab the blanket that is hanging on the back of the couch and lay it overtop of me. I rest my head on the pillow and hold the blanket close to my body. Tears were still slowly falling down my cheeks and were collected by the blanket making it slightly damp. I needed to try and rest. I needed sleep. But I was so afraid that if I'd fall asleep I would miss her call.

Sighing deeply, I force my eyes close.

* * * * *

Selena sprints off towards her house and I'm fast on her heels as I run after her. She runs to the side of the house where the small garden is. I watch her as she quickly picks up the hose that is laying in the grass next to the house. Her hands move swiftly to unravel it before facing the hose at me making me stop in my tracks a few feet away from her.

"You wouldn't," I gasp.

"Try me." Selena challenges me.

I grin and make a break for it and Selena turns the hose on. The water starts flowing out and my clothes become soaked within a few seconds. Selena's laughter fills the air as I grab ahold of her arm in an attempt to try to snatch the hose out of her hand. She tries to wiggle herself free from my grip but that only results in her back hitting the side of the house. I had her trapped now. I take the hose out of her hand and drop it to the ground.