Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

[Selena's POV]

It's been three days since Justin left with Caroline. Three. He promised that he would be back in a few days, but there isn't any signs of him returning home anytime. There's no missed calls or texts from him.

My blood was boiling with anger. I knew it was too good to actually believe Justin would come back and try to fix things between us.

He's made his decision crystal clear. He wants Caroline, not me.

So much for a future together.

"Anything?" Alfredo's voice brings me out of my thoughts.

I shake my head. "I knew he wouldn't come back once he left with her. I just knew it. But, there was this small part of me that was hoping, just maybe, that he would actually come back. And like always, I was wrong."

Alfredo takes a seat next to me on the couch and places a hand on my thigh. "Maybe he had a complication with trying to get rid of her." he tries to reassure my hope, but all my hope is gone.

"Alfredo, he's not coming back." I say sternly. "He's made his decision loud and clear. He wants her, not me. I'm done. I've given up on him and so should you."

I remove his hand from my thigh as I stand to my feet. Alfredo tries grabbing my hand to stop me but I smack his hand away before hurrying out of the living room. I headed straight for the staircase so I could go lock myself away in my room until I ran into somebody.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Louis asks, trying to push back the locks of hair that had fallen over my face.

I take a step back from him. "Nothing, alright!" My voice cracks and I could feel my eyes brimming with tears. "I-I just want to be left alone."

I try to brush by him, but he grabs my arm and stops me. I fight against his hold and it only results in his grip tightening.

"Selena, stop." Louis raises his voice.

I didn't want to be touched or be treated like I was some broken object. I'm strong enough to care of myself whether Justin is with me or not.

"Let go of me!" I shout.

My hands tighten into fists and I send multiple hard punches to Louis' chest in an attempt for him to let go of me. I was trying to hold back tears, but the more angrier I got the more I couldn't hold back the tears from slipping down my face.

"Come here," Louis says softly, forcing me into his chest before he wraps his arms tightly around me.

I wanted to fight him off of me. But as soon as I felt his arms wrap around me I broke down. Tears streamed down my face as I buried my face into his t-shirt letting it capture my tears. I clutched his shirt in my hands as I let loud, painful, heartbreaking sobs fill the quiet house. Louis hugged me tighter and rubbed his hand on my back while his head rested on top of mine.

"H-he's not coming back," I cry into his shirt. "He doesn't want m-me anymore."

Louis doesn't say anything. He knew as well as I did that there was no use in trying to give me some false hope. All the hope that I had left in Justin and I was gone into thin air.

"We're here for you, Sel." Alfredo joins us, placing a hand on my back.

"The baby..." I sniffle. "It's never going to know who there dad is."

Louis and Alfredo exchange a look a hurt between the two of them. Neither one of them knew what to say after that. Instead of trying to find something to say they comfort around me. If they weren't holding onto me I'm sure my legs would give out from beneath me.