Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

[Justin's POV] 

I've been staring up at the ceiling for who knows how long while my hands continued to beat little rhythms against my chest. For the past three days I have locked myself away in this bedroom. I wanted to avoid Louis and Alfredo hammering me with question about what happened to me and I didn't want to be anywhere near Selena.

How could she turn me over to the police? After I have busted my ass off every single day to try and keep her safe I can't believe she would turn her back on me. I did everything for her, and this is how she repays me?

My stomach growls loudly which brings me out of my thoughts. I've been so busy trying to avoid everyone that I haven't ate hardly anything and I'm starving.

I force myself out of bed and make my way towards the staircase. As I reach the first step I could hear someone digging into drawers and scurrying around the house. I make my way downstairs and follow where the noises are coming from which ends up leading me into the kitchen.

Selena had her back towards me as she was bent down on the floor looking in one of the cabinets under the sink. She pulls a pan out with it resulting in a bunch of pots and pans to fall out of the cabinet and onto the floor with a loud crashing sound. My eyes squeeze shut at the loud sound before I watch Selena place the pan on the stove. She then grabs one of the bigger knifes that were sitting in the corner and she begins trying to chop something up. I move to the side to see what the hell she was trying to cut and find it out to be a small onion. She was trying to cut it super fast and my eyes couldn't watch.

"Selena, what the fuck are you trying to do?" I ask, walking over to her side. "You don't need that big of a knife to cut that. Here," I reach my hand over to try and grab the knife from here, "give me the knife before you hurt–"

Out of nowhere Selena pulls the knife back and tries to stab my hand with it. I immediately retract my hand back to my side while the knife cuts deep into the cutting board and gets stuck. My heart was beating rapidly from the little stunt she just did and the anger that was now swirling around inside of me.

"Get away from me." Selena says, trying to sound intimidating but her voice cracks.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I snap, rubbing my hand as I could just picture and feel what it would have felt to have her put that knife through my hand.

"I said get away from me!" Selena shouts. She turns her head towards me and her face was slightly covered by her hair hanging in front of her face. Her cheeks were red along with her eyes being puffy. She's been crying, and she still is as I notice a tear slip down her cheek. "Go away, Justin."

My heart breaks a little. Even though I was beyond pissed at her for what she did I couldn't help but want to hold her in my arms and try to make her feel better. No matter how angry I get with her, the number one thing I can't stand to see is her hurt like this. Pain was written all in her eyes. And the worst part is knowing that she's in pain because of me.

Selena turns her head away from me and pulls the knife out of the cutting board. She goes back to trying to cut the onion and the way she was doing it had disaster written all over it. Her fingers were too close to the edge as she made each cut, she was trying to cut it with a much bigger knife then needed, and she was upset which was making this even more dangerous because she's not thinking straight.

"Selena," I say her name softly and very calmly as I take a small step next to her and place my hand on her lower back. I rub her back to try and calm her down while my other hand slowly, and very carefully this time, reaches over and grabs the handle of the knife. "Give me the knife before you hurt yourself." I feel Selena grip the knife tighter instead of expecting her to easily hand it over to me. I chew on the inside of my cheek. "Baby, let go."