Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

[Selena's POV]

I swing my feet back an forth as my eyes scan around the hospital room for the thousandth time. I've been waiting for the doctor to come for a good twenty minutes now. Something is telling me that there's seriously something wrong with me if they haven't came back yet.

The door suddenly opens and I snap my head towards it. Instead of seeing the doctor come in it's Louis and Alfredo.

"Hey, you okay?" Louis asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"The pain has faded away." I say, nodding my head. "Thank you for bringing me here."

"Of course." Louis says, rubbing my back in a soothing manner before going over and sitting in one of the nearby chairs.

"Selena," Alfredo says, his eyes on the floor as he fumbles with his hands. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I–"

"Alfredo," I say which makes him pick his head up to look at me. "It's okay. Like Louis said, we were just practicing. I know you didn't mean it. It's alright."

"I feel really bad though. What if there's really something wrong with you? I'll never forgive myself." Alfredo says, frowning.

I shake my head. "I'm going to be okay. I'm sure nothing is wrong with me." I reassure him.

The door opens again and all our heads spin around. The doctor walks in with the nurse that brought me back to this room.

"Is she okay?" Louis immediately questions to the doctor.

"She's fine." the doctor says, checking through the papers on his clipboard that he held in his hands. "But we need to run one more test for something. Would you mind laying down for me?"

I nod my head and lay back on the bed. The nurse walks over with a bottle in her hands.

"Can you lift your shirt up for me?" the nurse politely asks.

I grab the bottom of my shirt and lift my shirt up past my stomach. The nurse quietly thanks me as she opens the bottle and pours some of the white, cold substance onto my stomach.

"What are you doing?" Alfredo asks, watching as the nurse grabs a device from the machine that was sitting next to me and begins spreading the gel around on my stomach.

The nurse and doctor both ignore Alfredo's question as they're both busy looking at the computer screen in front of them. I lay head back and relax a little since I don't know how long this is going to take. I didn't even know what this was for.

"Is that..." the nurse trails off as she points her index finger towards a certain place on the computer screen.

"Yeah," the doctor says slowly. "I was right."

"Right about what?" Louis questions, standing to his feet and walking over to the side of the bed.

The doctor rubs his neck before he turns towards us. "Excuse me for asking this," he turns his attention to me. "But when was the last time you had sexual intercourse?"

"Woah," Alfredo says, putting his hand up. "Hold up."

"Calm down, Alfredo. He's a doctor and has the right to know." Louis tells Alfredo.

"A-a week ago." I say, feeling my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

The doctor nods and takes a deep breath. "I have some news for you." he says. I raise my eyebrow in curiosity. "You're pregnant."

The room falls silent. It felt like the air had suddenly became thick and was hard for me to breathe. It was like I just got the wind knocked out of me.