Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

[Justin's POV]

I stare blankly at the wall. I was laying down on my bed in my cell with my body facing in towards the wall. My mind has only been on one person this whole day.

Selena.

The image of her peeking in through the window earlier is permanently stuck in my head. I know she saw me and she knows I saw her. We made eye contact and for those few seconds nothing else mattered to me but her. But then she disappeared. The sound of the gun firing off still rings in my ears.

I have no idea if she's dead or alive right now. But I'm praying to God that she's still alive and is home safe. If I've lost her, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

She just can't be gone.

I know she's not.

A tear slips down my cheek and I close my eyes as a soft sob escapes past my lips. My hand clutches onto the pillow and I bury my head into the soft fabric. I didn't want anyone to hear me sobbing like a baby.

"Justin?" Caroline's voice is heard from the other part of my cell.

I take my hand and wipe away the tears running down my face before I slowly turn the other way in my bed. Caroline is peeking through the hole in the wall with a sorrow look on her face. She had tried cheering me up and telling me that Selena is okay, but I didn't believe anything. I couldn't.

Until I see Selena again – if I ever do – and see that she's okay, I can't help but have all these terrible thoughts run through my head.

"How long have you been sitting there?" I sniffle softly.

"Since they brought us back to our cells." Caroline admits, glancing away from me for a moment. "You've been crying for hours now."

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Caroline." I snap, turning in the bed to where I now lay flat on my back.

"Look," she says, her voice stern. "I promise you that Selena is al–"

Caroline gets cut off when a loud gunshot goes off and echoes throughout the whole jail. I could tell it was close by because the loud bang made me jump and quickly sit up in the bed to look outside my jail cell.

"What the fuck was that?" I say.

"It was probably a guard shooting another inmate for not listening." Caroline says.

Another gun shot is heard and it's closer. I look at Caroline as she looks at me. Standing to my feet, I walk over to the door of my cell and look around to see if I see what was going on. But like me, everybody else who was in this cell block were looking out their cells to find out what was going on as well.

Nothing seemed unusual.

Out of the corner of my eye I see someone come around the corner across the way. The person is dressed in all black and he was definitely not a guard. I watch him carefully as he scans the area with the gun in his hands raised high before he waves behind him. Two other people dressed in all black then come out from around the corner seconds later and all of them have ski masks on.

What the hell is going on?

One of them looks my way and makes eye contact with me. They point at me and I find myself gulping when all of them now turn their heads to look at me.

"Justin..." Caroline says, her voice shaky.

I ignore her as I watch the three people say something to each other before two of them start making their way over to my cell while one of them stays back to keep watch. I back up from the door of my cell as they run over to me.