Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

[Selena's POV]

I lay on the bed with my fingers continuing to pick at the fabric of the bed sheets and drawing random shapes into the mattress. I've been locked in the bedroom the whole  day. The only time I have went downstairs was when I grabbed something to eat for breakfast, but once Justin and Caroline came downstairs I headed back upstairs. And I haven't left this room since.

I've been avoiding Justin with all costs. Over hearing his conversation with Caroline yesterday when he was leaving the bathroom was the last straw. I'm done with him. How could he leave me then run off with her? I know I'm the one who ended things between us, but did I really not mean anything to him after everything that we've been through? Obviously I don't because he's still planning on leaving with her tonight.

He better not be expecting me to say goodbye because I have nothing to say him. In fact, I hope the door hits him square in the ass on his way out. After he leaves, I bet he will never come back. He'll forget about me within the first day that he's gone.

So it looks like I will end up raising our child on my own.

I get brought out of my thoughts when I hear footsteps coming from the hallway. They become louder as they approach the bedroom door until it suddenly goes quiet. I hear something get placed on the ground just outside the door before the doorknob jiggles. Whoever it was realized that the door was locked out let out a loud enough sigh to where I could hear it. Footsteps are heard again with this time them sounding like they're walking away from the bedroom.

There was no doubt that it was probably Justin. He probably wanted to try and talk to me or even come to say goodbye before he leaves. I'm surprised he would actually waste some of his valuable time with Caroline to come say goodbye.

Rolling my eyes at the thought I lay my head back down on the pillow. I stare blankly at the wall was I hear the front door downstairs close. I bite my lip and slowly — and unwillingly — pull myself out of the bed and walk over to the window. Looking outside I could see Caroline getting into the car while Justin packed away her belongings in the back.

"Selena, he's leaving!" Alfredo's voice carries throughout the upstairs.

"Good." I call back, my voice cracking.

I watch from my window as Justin starts to get into the car but Louis stops him. He pulls Justin away from the van and begins a conversation with him. I wasn't sure if he was giving him a goodbye or not.

Sighing, I head towards the door and open it. I start to walk out of the room when something on the ground catches my attention. Looking down, my hand covers over my mouth as a small gasp is heard leaving my mouth. At my feet laid a bouquet of red roses. I bend down and pick the beautiful roses up into my arms. Gazing over them I see a square piece of paper tucked in between two roses. I grab it and unfold it to reveal a note written inside.

"I know I've been a complete ass ever since I've gotten out of jail, and I'm sorry. I honestly don't know what's gotten into me. Actually, no, I do know what it is. And I want you to know that I'm getting rid of the problem tonight. Getting rid of her isn't going to makeup for the way I've treated you, I know that, and giving you these roses isn't going to change anything either. But I hope when I get back we can try and work things out between us. Sel, I love you and I don't want to lose you. You may not think that, but it's true. I'll be back in a few days and I promise the moment I get back I'm going to make everything up to you. I love you." The note was signed off with Justin's name at the bottom with a heart right next to his name.

The corner of my eyes stringed with tears threatening to fall, but I held them back. Why does he do this? He knows he screwed up and then tries to fix it by saying shit like this and no matter what he does and how angry I get with him I can't help but give in to him. I hate myself for having such a soft spot in my heart for him because he deserves the silent treatment from me. But I'm weak when it comes to him.