"Thanks buddy." Grayson said, as I held out my hand and help him up.

  "Guys! We got the door open!" Mia called out.

Grayson and I both looked, seeing the ground covered in bodies and blood, and the large once heavily secured wooden door now opened.

Grayson cheered. "Great! Come on Drake. We have to hurry." He ran to others.

I couldn't help but look down at my sword, stained in blood. Something in me enjoyed watching the crimson drip down. My vision blurred and I started to feel dizzy again. What if I just drag it across my neck or something?

Why don't you just make it end?

I shook my head, and ran to the others, trying not to trip on my own feet. I stopped in front of them, a stood there until the world stopped spinning and my vision cleared. They pushed the door open more, giving us sight to a long, dark staircase.

Mia backed away. "Uh, ladies first!"

I can't even stand that joke anymore. All it does is remind me of Armen. I walked around her, and began to descend into the darkness as I walked down the steps. I listened to the sound of our footsteps echoing on the walls, the loud sound of the door closing behind us once we stepped off from the staircase. We were all left in darkness.

  "It's too dark in here!" I chuckled at Mia's outburst.

A sudden blue light illuminated the room, flickering and giving us sight to the large brick hallway . Lalea held up her hand, glowing in blue flames. The ceiling curved, while the walls remained straight. There were small holders on the wall that held unlit candles.

  "There. That's better." Lalea said, as she lit one of the candles with her magical blue fire, the flame turning orange.

The dragon egg had to be somewhere down this hall, locked behind a closed door. We continued down the dark hall, with Lalea lighting the candles as we passed by them. Finally, we came to a split path. One went straight ahead, while the other went in a western direction.

  "What do we do now?" Mia asked.

Grayson replied. "Well, I don't think we should split up. We could all easily get lost."

Luke nodded in the dim light. "Exactly." He turned to Lalea. "Aren't you supposed to be able to tell the direction we need to go?"

Lalea walked ahead of us without saying a word. She stood in the center, looking back and forth from one path to the other. She pointed to the corridor directly ahead of us.

  "The magic signature is stronger this way." She said, continuing to walk.

The dead silence was getting on my nerves. The echoing of our footsteps on the stone floor was like nails on a chalkboard in my ears. Somebody please say something... Make it stop!

The noise getting to your head?

  "Shut up. I don't want to hear it!"

Of course you don't. Just drive that sword of you chest. Make all this torment end.

  "Never." I snarled.

Mia's voice made the voices stop. "Drake, who are you talking to?"

I only looked at her for a second, then looked away. Scratching the back of my neck, I looked up as Lalea lit the next candle. Mia knows about my...problem, right? The voices in my head? I don't remember if I ever told them. Now that I think about it...there's a lot I don't remember.

  "Nothing... Say, um-" I swallowed a lump in my throat. "I don't remember how we met."

She and Grayson suddenly stopped in their tracks. They both stared at me in complete shock and disbelief. I can't blame them. It's one of the worst things I could ever forget!