Broken Dreams

Kenya POV-

"K!" I heard a familiar voice as I was in the bathroom washing my face

"K!" I heard a familiar voice as I was in the bathroom washing my face. This had been a rough day, and I just wanted to finish my paper and go to bed. I wanted to be alone most importantly, but when you have a bestie that uses his key whenever the spirit hits, that's sorta hard.

"K!" He called out again.

"What nigga? Stop yelling." I ironically yelled back.

"Where you at?"  He said walking down my apartment hall.

I didn't answer. This fool knew from my voice, where I was.

He stood in my doorway.

"Boah that forehead without that contouring is a real beast Rihanna

"Boah that forehead without that contouring is a real beast Rihanna." He looked at my bare face. Through the mirror, standing behind me.

"Why are you behind me?" I rolled my eyes at him through the mirror as I dried my face.

It was my best friend and practically roommate Odell Beckham Jr. Yeah, yeah, yeah you probably heard about him. The star receiver at LSU. He ain't that grand. 🙄

"What you cook?" He scratched his stomach, stretching and slightly lifting his shirt.

"What do you mean what did I cook?" I put on my moisturizer.

He stale faced me. "Come on K.
I'm hungry."

"That's not my problem."

This nigga has a free apartment, his football scholarship pays for, yet he is always at my door. Getting on my nerve. Everyday after practice he does this.

He looked at me with a mean stare. Was that supposed to scare me? Negro. 😂😂

"I didn't cook." I turned the water off and put my face rag on the holder. And brushed passed him.

"What you mean? I been at practice all day." He said upset following behind me.

"I am not your mother. Fuck you think this is." I went in my living room and sat down. Putting my laptop on my lap, so I could finish my paper.