Finally trapped

Începe de la început

Just as I'm about to slam my head down on the table, the door opens. "oh, so nice of you to join us!" I say with fake enthusiasm. Melody just groans in relief and rests her head on the table.

Fury holds a face of stone as he enters the room, Nat trailing behind him. They sit across from us and I smile at Nat as she gives me a glare. Well, ok then. "So how have your days been so far? Mine has gone bri-" I start in an overly enthusiastic tone, but I am cut off, quite rudely to be honest.

"State your full names, one at a time." Fury says with no emotion. We both stay silent, looking at each other, and silently agreeing to reveal nothing.

This is New york after all, everyone's got something to hide.

"Oh, nothing to say all of a sudden?" Natasha sasses with a raised brow. I glare, but stay silent, as Mel stares at her lap.

"Ok, then we shall have to do it for you." Fury drawls in his earlier monotone.

"Isla Black, 16 years of age, birthday: 14th of September, 2001. Father: unknown. Mother: Karla Black( A/N I know this is probs annoying but just wanted to say I rly like this name 'cause it means strong and womanly in german ) deceased, details: time: 2:03 pm, date: 15th of September, 2005, Cause of death: lung cancer. Juvenile runaway since age 12. Date reported missing: 17th of September, 2 days after her mother's death. Powers/abilities: control the weather, weather nearby affected by her emotions, use abilities of weather straight from her fingertips. Current status: alive and dangerous" Nick reads from a file in his hands I didn't even know he was holding.

" And that's just the basics, there is so much more we know and we are still investigating. Now onto you." Nick says, a tiny smile on his lips that, to be honest, kind of scares me.

" Melody Anderson (A/N can't remember if I gave her a last name, if not here it is if I have, I'm changing it, also the name in brackets below is her mum's maiden name), 16 years of age, birthday 26th of July, 2001. Father: James Anderson. Mother: Maria Anderson ( Cortez). Missing since May 2016 ( 15 years of age). Parents reported abusive (physically and verbally), but because the child was missing (presumed kicked out and/or dead) the authorities had no solid proof and an arrest could not be approved. Powers/abilities: unknown, shows no signs of abilities and has no history with them, but further investigation is needed to confirm. Current status: alive, unknown but precautions advised.

We both gape in absolute shock. Fuckin' hell. "Well, talk about an invasion of privacy!" I exclaim with slight sarcasm, attempting to cover up my earlier shock. Melody just sits there, mouth opening and closing like a fish.

" wh-a...b-b-bu... h-how?" Melody finally sputters out. Yeah, pretty much my thoughts, but you know, my reflexive defence mechanism is sarcasm sooo....

"We are SHIELD it wasn't really too difficult, and like I said, that was only the basics, we know so much more, and soon we will know everything about you after we run some tests of course." Fury replies

"Tests?" I mutter in confusion.

"Yes, tests," Nick says simply. Very helpful.

"Yeah, but what kind of 'tests'?" I say wearily

"Well, I guess you guys will just have to find out then," Natasha replies instead.

"Now, what we want to know. We have a few questions for both of you, " he starts, "how did you get your powers?" He directs the question towards me.

" I-I honestly don't know, I guess they developed over time, but the main, sort of 'start up' was on my tenth birthday." I say with a shrug, my head hung low.

"Hmmm, interesting. Now you, " he looks at Mel, " how did you come to meet Mrs black?" Fury questions.

" well, uh... I just saw a wounded girl on the ground, and uh, a man standing over her, and next thing I know, I'm throwing a rock at his head, and he's passed out on the ground. A-and I guess after that we just talked, and now we're friends. There's really not much else to tell. " Melody replies quietly.

"Hmm, ok so final question, a question for both of you, would you consider yourselves dangerous?" Fury asks.

We both stay silent. Deathly silent. We don't even look at each other, but still, say nothing. Why? Because the answer is debatable, I wouldn't trust us, if I'm being honest. As the silence hangs in the air Nick tilts his head and clears his throat.

"Well, I see then. That will be all for now." Nick orders.

He stands, Nat following swiftly. You can see her poker face crack just ever so slightly as she looks us up and down. Empathy. Pity. Sadness. Fear. Curiosity. Those are the emotions I catch, as they flitter across her face like lightning. Then as fast as it slipped, her poker face returns, as silent and brooding as ever.

As we walk out, and the agents swarm us again, I see the rest of the Avengers. In a room with the door left ajar, they stand, huddled around a monitor. The picture displays the interrogation room we were just in.

They all turn around as they hear us walk past. Sadness. Shock. Confusion. Anger. Fear. Empathy. Pity. Curiosity. Those are just some of the emotions written all over the heroes faces. By that I know they were watching, and that they heard. Everything.

We keep moving down the hall until, we eventually make it to our room. We are marched inside and everyone leaves apart from Fury, who had been leading the group.

"Now, don't even try to escape. You are even more powerless than before, we have cut off every possible escape route. You are being watched 24/7, maximum security, and do you really think that both of you will be able to escape? " Fury says with an almost smirk creeping onto his face.

I glare numbly at him as he leaves. But I know he's right. There's no way out. Not this time.

Like a lunatic in a straight jacket or
A bear in a steel trap,

Like a dolphin in a fishing net or
A turtle on its back,

Like a fly in honey or
A fox in a snare,

Like a rat in a maze or
A bird in a cage

They finally did it, I'm...
I'm finally trapped

And now I've dragged Melody into this.

With that thought, I sit down on my bed with my head in my hands. I peek between my fingers, and see Mel flop onto her bed and face the wall. I do the same with a deep sigh.

What happened to my simple life, well as simple as my life could be, but I was happier, free, less stressed. What happened to me?

A/N ¡hola! Here's the latest chapter, sorry it took a while for it to come out, I'm a little stressed and overwhelmed with school and homework and life at the moment but I'll try my best😄 bye, guys!

Ps- Someone just commented reminding me that Clint would know ASL since he is partially deaf in the comics but I accidentally erased his disability because the movies made me completely forget about it as they just decided he was completely able- my bad I didn't mean to.

By Mysterious_mischief