The N Word

Okay, now I'm zeroing in on a specific word that I loathe– the N word. Some girl on Wattpad messaged me because I took it "way too seriously," and I responded:

"The N word is NOT a joke. The N word is a derogatory term that black people are called. It is disrespectful and uncalled for no matter the situation. Whether it be used in a joking manner, a conversation, or directed offensively towards soneone, it shouldn't be used at all. As a well educated girl, I know that it is a disgusting insult used to torment generations of black people. Black people were called it as they were beat, raped, lynched, tortured, teased, and killed. You say that I took a joke using the N word too seriously, and that goes to show your ignorance of the topic. You may argue I'm being unreasonable when in reality, I am the voice speaking for the silent ones, and I say that it's a horrific word that should never be used in any sense. I hope what I've said causes you to have an epiphany on the subject, and that you now realize just the negative large impact the N word has on many people. It's a hurtful, derogatory, offensive term. I advise you to not use it, for there are many people in the world that view the N word the same way I do. You may just lose respect and friends by continuing on with your views on this derogatory term. And one more thing- I hope you didn't need anything in that case, because it's closed."

That's what I said. I'm quite proud of it. I was fairly respectful, I was calm, I didn't get angry. I simply stated the facts as well as my opinion. Don't EVER be afraid to do this if it means you're standing up for yourself and/or your people.

And one more thing– DON'T USE THE N WORD