Chapter 52: Things to worry about

Start from the beginning

"Very cute", he replied.

He stood up and kissed her. She handed him a pint of his favorite ice cream.

"We got you some ice cream", she told him. "This place has the best cookie dough. They put extra large chunks in it"

"Thank you. I didn't know you were capable of being this sweet", he joked.

"You better be talking about the ice cream", she retorted. James just shrugged and tried to rip the top off the pint.

Jessie gave him a warning glare and then bent down to scratch Acorn behind her ears.

"Where are Lucy and Meowth?" she asked.

"I haven't seen them all day", he replied. He looked at his grandmother, who shrugged her shoulders.

"They didn't come with us", she told him.

"Did you see them, Wobbufet?" Jessie asked the Pokémon.

"Woba", he said sadly, shaking his head 'no'.

"Those two are always running off together. I wonder what they are up to", Jessie thought to herself.

"Vee vee!" said Aliyah.

The Eevee dashed towards the window and pointed her paw in the direction of the forest.

"I guess they went out to train", James interpreted.

The Eevee nodded her head. Jessie walked up to Annastasia, who was still fast asleep.

"I missed you", she whispered softy. "I got you lots of nice things. When you wake up I will show you".

"We should go. I don't want to wake her up yet. We have only been asleep for about twenty minutes", said James.

James picked up the baby monitor and everyone followed him out of the room.

Xxxxxxxx

In a far off corner of the forest, Meowth was giving Lucy guitar lessons.

"This sucks", she said, throwing the guitar to the ground.

"Be careful with dat! I only gots one of dose!" Meowth scolded.

He picked the guitar up and brushed the dirt off of it.

"Piano is so much easier", Lucy commented.

"Yous didn't seem like de type dat just gives up", Meowth retorted.

"I'm not giving up. I just want to do something else for a while. We've been out here for four hours. I'm hungry", she complained.

"Me toos", said Meowth. His stomach rumbled loudly.

"First one back to the kitchen is a rotten Exxacute!" she said playfully, taking off in a sprint.

"Dat ain't fair, you knows quick attack and I don't!" Meowth called after her. He swore he heard her call back 'then learn it dummy'.

Lucy came speeding into the kitchen. She collided with James, who was enjoying his new ice cream, and the dessert went flying.

"Vee vee!" called Aliyah.

Suddenly the ice cream bowl and all its contents were suspended in mid air. It floated back to the counter and placed itself back in front of James.

"Thanks Aliyah. That could have been disastrous. Imagine, an entire bowl of this stuff wasted. Once again you saved the day!" James complimented the Pokémon.

The Pokémon jumped onto his lap and licked the side of his face. Then she turned to Lucy.

"Vee Eevee eve", the Pokémon said to Lucy. "You should watch where you are going".