Chapter 45: Make Yourself at Home

A week had passed and it was the day of the Daisyleaf contest. This contest wasn't nearly as large as the others, as Lavender Town was much smaller than Celadon and Cerulean City. For the Daisyleaf Contest Meowth and Lucy had prepared a sequence for Acorn and Aliyah. Everyone was running around trying to make last minute adjustments to their clothing and routines.

"I am going down to register. Are you coming with me?" May asked Meowth.

"Weeze already did dat", he replied.

"We? What do you mean?" she asked.

"Lucy and I worked on dis one together", he clarified.

"Ok, well the rest of us are heading down now", she told him.

May gathered with Ash, Misty, Cilan, Iris, Serena, Clement, Bonnie, Drew, and Max at the registration tent.

"I am going to use Braixen and Sylveon for this Contest", Serena told her friends.

"I'm using my Frillish. I have been waiting to do this routine, but Jessie likes to use her Frillish", said May. "I have this great routine for him with my Beautifly".

"I bet you are going to win this one", said Max. "I watched you practice and I know that you have been working hard".

"I think your routine is very good too", Ash told Misty.

"It's going to be a close call", said Iris. "I can't wait to see it".

Meanwhile, Lucy and Meowth were talking to Acorn and Aliyah. The two Eevee were terrified of performing their routine.

"Look, you just got to get over it", Lucy told them. "If you two get this right, you are going to be able to win this".

"Veeeee Eevee eve", said Acorn. "I don't think I could do this without Jessie".

"Eevee eve", Aliyah added. "I agree".

"Meowth, what do you think we should do?" Lucy asked him.

"Look, yous two. Jessie and James are gonna be really happy if you do dis fere dem", he told the twins.

"Eevee vee", said Aliyah. "We'll try".

Meowth and Lucy dressed the Eevee in matching outfits and gave them each a piece of Pokeblock. Meowth petted them on the head.

"Yous got dis", he told them.

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"I wonder how Lucy and Meowth are managing without us", Jessie said to James as they ate breakfast.

"Lucy seems pretty organized, and Meowth can do anything if he tries hard enough", James said.

"I hope the remember to register on time", she said worriedly. "Maybe we should call and make sure".

"You sound like a mother", he told her.

"That's because I am a mother", she responded. "Annastasia has changed me. She made me...softer. It sucks because now I am always worried. I mean, I am actually concerned about Meowth. And I have never spent this much time thinking about my Pokémon before".

"I'm sure they will remember to register. I will text them just in case", James replied. "Just try to calm down".

Jessie sighed deeply and rubbed her temples. James stood up and walked behind her. He massaged her shoulders while she closed her eyes and tried to relax.

"Jessie-chan, I am really proud of you", said James. "You've come a long way".

"James, I'm not a child", she responded.