Chapter 52: Things to worry about

Start from the beginning

"I suppose you are right. Thank you for all that you have done for us", Jessie responded. "Accepting me in to the family, I mean. It must have been uncomfortable for you".

"You have it all wrong, dear. We love having you at the house. That's what families are for", his nanny replied. "We have been hoping for James to find someone to love. I hated the idea of him being stuck with that Jessiebelle. What makes you think we wouldn't like you?".

"I can think of some reasons. I'm dirt poor, a former drug addict/prostitute, I dragged your grandson into a life of crime, tried to steal your Pokémon twice, I got your son and daughter in-law arrested and now I am staying at your house with your illegitimate great-granddaughter who I passed my HIV infection on to", Jessie stated.

"Now, you know none of those things are really your fault", she told Jessie. "Except for the bit about stealing Pokémon, maybe. But you coerced into that too".

"Still, it's reality", said Jessie. "And the reality is that I'm a pretty horrible person".

"Now, you really don't believe that! You just had some horrible things happen to you. It's sometimes impossible to do the right thing when you are focused more on surviving than living. But things are different now, and everything is going to get better for you and Annastasia. You will all be fine, and we love having you here with us. Please don't ever think that you are unwelcome".

"Wobbufet" Wobbufet cried as he saluted Linda.

"Gourgeist", the pumpkin Pokémon added.

"I am so lucky to have people and Pokémon like you to help me keep myself together", Jessie replied. "Thank you so much for everything".

Jessie gave his nanny a hug. The Pokémon could resist and joined them.

"Is there anything else you want to do before heading back home?" She asked Jessie.

"No, I think I got everything I need and more", she answered, holding up her shopping bags. "As soon as James and I hit it big, I am paying you back every last penny".

"Do us a favor and think of it as an investment, not a loan", Linda said as she stood up.

Jessie and Linda headed back to the limousine and their private driver brought them back to the house. Jessie looked through the items she had gotten. Diapers, baby wipes, little spoons and plates. It was a sharp contrast to the items she usually went shopping for.

"I'm home!" Jessie called as she entered the house.

"Wobba!" Wobbufet exclaimed as he ran up behind her.

Woobat, Yanmega, Frillish, and Serviper came to greet her. They helped her take her bags.

"Where is everyone?" she asked the Pokémon.

Jessie, Gourgeist, and Wobbufet followed the others into the nursery. James was passed out on the couch with Growly, Aliyah, Acorn, Mime Jr., and Chimecho lying on top of him. Annastasia was asleep in her bassinet, her empty bottle sat on the coffee table.

"How cute", she sighed.

Jessie took out her phone and snapped a picture. She sent it to James. A moment later James' cell phone buzzed in his pocket, which caused him to wake up. He jumped up and the Pokémon sleeping on top of him were tossed to the floor.

"Mime!" Mime Jr. complained. Growly, Acorn, Aliyah, and Chimecho joined in.

"I was just taking a break", James said defensively as he looked up at Jessie. "The baby is fine, I swear".

"I know. I didn't mean to wake you up. I just got back. Check your phone", she replied.

James took out his phone and looked at the picture.