Chapter 49: Dream On

Start from the beginning

"She should have been here by now", Lucy told the baby.

"Lu lu!" he cried as he tugged on her tail.

"Yow! Stop that, don't you know I hate when you pull my tail?" she scolded the infant.

Takeshi started to cry. That lasted until 10:00pm, when he started to get hungry and Lucy had to feed him again. Lucy was getting anxious, especially since she had no way of contacting the mother. At half past midnight, the mother still hadn't returned, and Lucy fell asleep next to the infant.

The next day Lucy feed, changed, and cleaned the baby and carried him to Nurse Joy. To her surprise, the mother was already there, talking to Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, along with a few other police officers. The mothers ran up to her, grabbed the baby out of her arms, and pointed at her accusingly.

"This is the Purrloin who kidnapped my baby!" she shrieked.

"What!?" yelled Lucy, "You abandoned this baby! I was the one taking care of it!"

"Your that thieving Purrloin that is always stealing food!" Nurse Joy exclaimed.

"That's right. We have been looking for you", said one of the officers.

"I have been saying with her", Lucy explained, pointing at the mother. "I pretended to be her pet Purrloin so that we could both use the Pokémon Center".

"That is a complete lie! I came to the Pokémon center in order to be a nurse's assistant. I released my Purrloin. My Purrloin didn't talk", the mother responded.

"I am placing you under arrest", said Officer Jenny as she grabbed Lucy by the arm.

"Oh no you don't!" Lucy exclaimed.

Lucy fury swiped the officer and ran out of the Pokémon center. Several of the Officer's Pokémon chased after her.

"Get back here! You are only making this harder for yourself!" yelled one of the officers.

"I can't believe this. I trusted her", the Purrloin cursed.

Lucy dodged several flamethrowers and shadow balls as she sprinted down the street. She finally managed to find a tall tree to hide in. She was badly injured, but didn't dare come down.

"I am never trusting humans again", she vowed.

**Flashback dream over**

When Lucy woke up, she was relieved to see Meowth beside her. He was watching her with one eye open. The sun was just starting to rise.

"That's beautiful", Purrloin said as she stretch and looked over the side of the Team Rocket Tower.

"Yeah, it sure is", Meowth replied as he watched her watch the sunrise.

"Stop staring at me", she said to Meowth.

"I wasn't starin'", he said defensively.

"Whatever. I'm hungry. Let's find something to eat", Lucy responded.

The two of them climbed down the roof and found a big breakfast buffet laid out for all those who participated in the trial.

"Dis is great!" Meowth said excitedly as he piled food onto his tray. "Weeze gotta tell Jessie and James 'bout dis".

Xxxxxxxxxx

"Jessie? James? Are you two in there?" a familiar voice called from the hallway.

Jessie and James woke up immediately and looked at the alarm clock they had resting on the nightstand. It was 9:30am. James got up to answer the door.