Chapter 41: Results {Editing}

Adam's POV

I walked back into the hospital with Baylor's carrier in my hand.

How could Jane never tell me? I think I had the right to know that I had another daughter.

I walked into Autumn's room and saw her and Kaci coloring.

"Baylor!" Autumn exclaimed. I set his carrier down and took him out of it.

I carried him over to Autumn and placed him in her arms.

"Be careful with him, ok?" I said to her. She nodded her head as she rocked Baylor back and forth and smiled at him.

"I'll be right back," I whispered to Kaci before I walked out of the room.

I walked to Ashley's room and knocked on the door. I heard footsteps walking to the door before I watched Jane open it.

She looked at me with wide eyes. "I'll be right back," She said to the girls before she walked outside and shut the door.

"Why the hell are you up here again?" She asked me. "I think you know why I'm up here," I said.

She stood there until I could tell she knew what I was talking about.

"Why didn't you ever tell me!" I shouted. "Adam, hush. We're in a hospital. Sick people are trying to rest," She said as she pulled me over to a corner.

"Adam, how could I tell you? The second we broke up, you left and wrote a damn album about me! Do you know how much that hurt me? When I found out I was pregnant, I was going to call you. Then the album came out and I vowed that you would never find out about her. My whole pregnancy, I sat in my apartment, listened to that album over and over, then sobbed." She said as I watched her starting to tear up.

"Jane, I'm sorry. If I would've known the album hurt you that much, I would've changed the name," I said.

"Well you can't turn back time. Anyway, Ashley doesn't know that you are her father, and quite frankly, I don't want her to know. Just let it go Adam. You haven't been around her whole life. She's fine without you. Just forget she ever existed," Jane said before she walked away back into Ashley's room.

How could I act like my daughter just didn't exist?

Before I had anymore time to think about it, my phone buzzed in my back pocket. It was Kaci.

Hurry down here! They have Autumn's results!

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and ran downstairs.

I bursted into Autumn's room. Kaci was sitting on the bed next to Autumn with Baylor in her arms.

I went to Kaci's side and looked at Autumn's doctor.

"Alright well we got the results from Autumn's CAT scan. There is no trace of the leukemia left in Autumn. She is clear of the cancer and is now in remission. There is still a chance for the cancer to come back, but for now she is all in the clear and can go home." Her doctor said before she left.

I ran to Autumn's side and hugged her. "Daddy what does the mean?" She asked. "It means that your not sick anymore! You can go home!" I exclaimed.

Kaci and I both hugged Autumn and kissed her head.

Tears were rolling down mine and Kaci's faces.

One of my daughters was in the clear, now if only my other daughter was.