Chapter 22: Rape {Editing}

Kaci's POV 

Adam sat next to me and asked me what happened.

"I was raped," I said. 

Adam stared at me in disbelief. I saw his muscles flinch and he curled his hands into fists. "Who?" He asked. "My ex-boyfriend James," I said. I told Adam about what happened when James walked in the door and everything that he said to me. "Then what happened?" Adam asked me.

"He grabbed my arm and pulled me upstairs and into here. He shut the door behind us and locked it. He pushed me onto the wall and he started to punch my stomach. He said 'If you're pregnant bitch, you aren't anymore.' He continued to punch my torso and he pressed my arms against the wall. He forced me to kiss him. He moved his hands up and down my thighs. He started to scratch my legs and my face until I slapped him. He stood there staring at me. Then he pushed me onto the bed and started to rip my clothes off. He pulled his clothes off and a pocket knife out of his pocket." I said through my tears. I lifted up my wrists and showed them to Adam.

"He took the pocket knife and cut 9 slits into each of my wrists." I said. "Why 9?" He asked. "I broke up with him 9 years ago." I said. "He then threw the knife back into his pocket and he.... he...." I started to sob before I could finish my sentence. "He raped you." Adam said. I managed to nod my head. "I'm going to call the police." Adam said before he got up and made the call.

20 minutes later, the police and paramedics were there. The paramedics wrapped my wrists and took me to the hospital. On the way there, Adam called his mom and told her everything. She was going to watch Autumn until Adam could go and get her.

Once we reached the hospital, they performed a rape kit and went to analyze it. Adam walked into my hospital room and held my hand. "I'm so sorry Kaci. If I hadn't left, this never would have happened." He said as he kissed my head. "It's not your fault Adam." I said. "How do you and James know each other?" He asked me. I explained to him the entire history of James and I.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Adam asked me. "I knew what he was capable of and I was scared that he was going to kill me," I said. Adam wrapped his arms around me and just held me as I let the tears fall down my face.

10 minutes later, Adam's mom came in. "Ma," Adam said. She walked over to me and hugged me. "Where's Autumn?" I asked her. "Your brother came by and told me that you told him to come pick Autumn up," She said. I looked at her in confusion. "I don't have a brother," I said. "Yes you do, he told me he's your brother," She said. "What was his name?" Adam asked her. "James," She said. Adam and I looked at each other. I felt the tears start to run down my cheeks.

James had my daughter.