Chapter 33: Baylor Noah {Editing}

Kaci's POV 

Today was my due date. I was excited for Baylor to be here. Autumn had a calendar in her room that she was counting down on until her little brother would be here. I made the choice of getting a C-Section and today was the day.

I woke up to the sound of a screaming Autumn. "Mommy! Mommy! Baylor is gonna be born today!" Autumn screamed before she hopped onto the bed. Adam sat up and pulled her onto his lap.

"Are you excited to see your baby brother?" Adam asked. "Yeah! I can't wait to play with him!" She shouted. I sat up and smiled at her excitement. "Mommy when is my brother gonna be here?" She asked. 

"Well we have to leave in about 20 minutes and then I go in and they get your baby brother out of my tummy," I said. She crawled over to me and put her hand on my stomach. "Hi Baylor," She said. "Mommy he kicked!" She shouted. "That's him saying hi," I said. 

"We are going to be best friends!" She exclaimed. "I know baby. Now can you go get dressed and get your stuff for Grandma's house?" I said. "Ok mommy," She said before she climbed off the bed and ran to her room. 

I climbed out of bed and pulled on a sweatshirt and sweatpants. Adam changed into a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans and his biker boots. Autumn came running in a few minutes later in jeans and a pink t-shirt that said Big Sister in rainbow letters. 

On our way to the hospital we dropped Autumn off at Patsy's house. Once Baylor was born, Adam was going to call Patsy and tell her to bring Autumn to the hospital. 

Once we got to the hospital, I checked in and I got ready for the surgery. I put the hospital gown on and laid on the surgery table. They put an iv into my hand and they put tubes in my nose to deliver the anesthesia. 

Adam sat next to me and held my hand. "You're going to do amazing Kace," He said as he kissed my head. "I love you Adam," I said. "I love you too Kace," He said. 

A half hour later, Baylor Noah Levine was born. "Here's your baby boy," The nurse said to Adam as she handed Baylor to him. He was wrapped up in a little blue blanket and he had a little blue hat. 

"He's precious," Adam said. I watched tears fall down his face as he looked at our little boy. "We're going to get you stiched up and then we will get you to your room," The doctor said. 

Adam gave Baylor back to the nurse so that they could clean him off and he left the room to call Patsy to tell her to bring Autumn to the hospital. 

An hour later I was in my hospital room. My torso was sore but it didn't hurt that much. A nurse brought in Baylor and I got to hold him. He was so adorable. His hair was jet black like Adam's and like Autumn's when she was little. Over time Autumn's hair got lighter and now it was a slightly dark brown like mine. 

He had a little dimple just like Adam and had hazel eyes like the both of us. He was a beautiful baby boy. 

"Mommy!" I heard Autumn shout as she ran in. "Hey cutie," I said. "Mommy is that my brother?" She asked as she pointed at Baylor. "Yes it is," I said. 

Adam helped Autumn onto the bed so that she could see Baylor. "He looks like me mommy!" She shouted. "Yes he does," I said. "Daddy look its my brother!" Autumn said. "Yes it is. His name is Baylor," Adam said as he smiled at her excitement. 

"Hi Baylor," Autumn said as she kissed his head. "Do you want to hold him?" I asked her. She nodded her head and smiled. "Ok hold him like mommy does ok?" I said. "Ok," She said before I placed Baylor in her arms. 

Adam took out his phone and started taking pictures of Autumn holding Baylor. It was the most adorable thing. 

3 Days Later 

Today we got to take Baylor home and I got to come home from the hospital. We walked into the house and I set Baylor's carrier on the couch. 

"Mommy, can I play with him!" Autumn exclaimed. "Sweetie, it's already 7:30 PM. It's time for Baylor to go to bed," Adam said. "Daddy please!" Autumn begged. "You can help us put him to bed if you want," I said. "Yay!" She said. 

Adam took Baylor out of his carrier and carried him upstairs. He sat in the rocking chair with Baylor still in his arms and Autmn sat on his lap. 

Adam started to sing Sunday Morning and Autumn started to sing with him. I stood in the doorway watching them sing Baylor to sleep. 

Once Baylor was asleep, Adam put him into his crib and walked out of the room with Autumn. "Can you go brush your teeth and put your pajamas on please," I said to Autumn. "Ok mommy!" She said before she ran to her bathroom. 

Once she was ready for bed, Adam and I said goodnight to her and went back into our room. I changed into a tank top and pajama shorts and cuddled next to Adam in bed. 

"Her excitement is adorable," Adam said. "She finally has someone to play with. She's used to being by herself," I said. "He's precious," He said. "He's an amazing little boy," I said. "We make some damn good kids," Adam said. "Yes we do," I said. 

"I love you so much Kace," He said. "I love you too Adam," I said before we fell asleep in each other's arms.