Chapter 27: Try and Try Again {Editing}

Adam's POV 

"When can I have a little sister?" Autumn asked Kaci. I watched tears form around Kaci's eyes. I walked over to the bed and grabbed Autumn. "Mommy and I will talk to the stork, ok?" I said to Autumn. "Ok, make sure you tell him that I want a little sister," Autumn said. "Can you go downstairs and play?" I asked her. "Ok," She said before I set her down and she ran back downstairs.

I watched tears run down Kaci's cheeks. I walked over to the bed and sat down next to her. I started to rub her back. "Baby, it's going to be ok," I said. "No it's not! Do you know how hard it is, knowing that I might not be able to give you another child and our daughter a sibling?" She screamed. 

"I know baby," I said. "No you fucking don't!" She screamed as she got off the bed and ran into the bathroom. I heard her lock the door. I got off the bed and ran to the door. "Kaci!" I screamed. "Kaci, open the door!" I screamed. 

Kaci's POV 

I slid down the bathroom wall and sat on the cold tile floor. "Kaci, open the door!" Adam screamed. I didn't answer him. I just continued to cry and cry. My daughter even wanted a sibling and I might not be able to give one to her. 

"Kaci, baby, please open the door," Adam said. I buried my face in my knees and let my tears hit the floor. "Kaci, I love you. Please answer me." He said. "What do you want, Adam?" I asked him. "Kaci, I love you. I don't care if you can't have any more kids. There are always other things that we can do. Let's just try the hormone shots and see where they take us, ok?" He said. 

I stood up and opened the door. Adam was sitting on the bed, facing me. Adam stood up and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his chest. "It's so hard," I said through my tears. "I know, baby. But we can get through this." He said as he pulled my face to his. "I love you Kaci," He said. "I love you too, Adam." I said before I kissed him. 

We walked downstairs and found Autumn coloring in her Disney coloring book. I walked over to the couch and sat down. "What are you coloring, cutie?" I asked her as Adam sat down next to me. She picked up her coloring book and showed me a picture of Belle that she was in the middle of coloring. 

"My favorite princess, mommy." She said. "It's beautiful, baby. Do you want something for dinner?" I asked her. "Yes please," She said as she went back to coloring. "Alright, I'm gonna go start dinner," I said before I gave Adam a quick kiss and walked into the kitchen. 

I pulled a pot out of the cabinet and filled it halfway with water. I set it on the stove and turned on the burner. I grabbed another pot and started to make marinara sauce. 

30 minutes later, the pasta was finished cooking. I drained it and set it on the counter. Adam walked over to me and kissed my cheek. I mixed the marinara and made Adam taste some. "Mmm, it's delicious, baby." He said before he went to go get Autumn. He set her in her booster seat and sat next to her. 

"Autumn, do you want sauce on your pasta?" I asked her. "Yes please, mommy." She said. I scooped pasta onto our 3 plates along with marinara sauce. I brougth Adam and Autumn their plates and forks. I grabbed my plate and set it on the table. I went to the fridge and grabbed a beer, a Sprite, and Autumn's sippy cup. I handed Adam his beer and Autumn her sippy cup. I sat down and we ate. 

20 minutes later, Adam put our plates in the sink and I got up to grab a wet washcloth. "I'm messy, mommy," Autumn said as I walked over to her. "Yes you are," I said as I wiped the marinara sauce off of her face and hands. I set her down and she ran into the family room. I set the washcloth next to the sink and leaned against the counter.

Adam walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "That was delicious," He said. "Thanks," I said. Adam leaned down and passionately kissed me. 

Later that night, I grabbed Autumn, who was falling asleep in Adam's arms on the couch, and took her upstairs. I laid her in her bed and covered her with her princess sheets. I kissed her head and shut the door behind me when I walked out. 

I went to my closet and changed into a tank top and pajama shorts. I walked back out to Adam who was watching tv on the bed. I laid on the bed and rested my head on his chest. "Adam?" I asked him. "Yeah, baby?" He asked. "Do you think the hormones are going to work and we're going to get our baby?" I asked him. 

"I do. I really do," He said before I drifted off to sleep in his arms.