Chapter 12: Death Seemed Better Than Love {Editing}

"What?!" I exclaimed. "I won't tell the press that Adam punched me, if you get back together with me." He said as he walked over to me. "No Zac." I said. He pressed me up against the wall and pinned my arms to my sides. "Then maybe I'll call People magazine and tell them everything." He said. "Fine," I said. "Really?" He said. "Yes, but can I say goodbye to Adam first?" I asked. "That's fair, oh and obviously you're going to move in with me, so bring all your stuff." He said as he let me go. "Fine," I said as I signed his release papers. "Here." I said as I walked out. I headed back to my car and drove back to Adam's house.

On the way, This Love came on the radio.

"This love has taken its toll on me. She said goodbye too many times before. And her heart is breaking in front of me, I have no choice cause I won't say goodbye anymore." I sang along as I felt tears stream down my cheeks. 

Next thing I know, One More Night is on.

"You and I go hard at eachother like we're going to war. You and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the doors." I sang

"But baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you. Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go. Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo. And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you. So I cross my heart and I hope to die. That I only stay with you one more night." The tears were falling faster as I kept singing. Thank the lord I was almost home, I almost couldn't see.

I got home and walked into the kitchen. There was a note on the counter from Adam.

Hey baby, had to run out with the guys to pick out a new stereo for the recording studio. I left right after you, so I'll be home soon. I love you. And I want to finish what we started in the car ;) Love Adam 

Of course he left. Now is the time I needed him most and he's gone. I couldn't leave Adam and I knew deep down in my heart that I would never love Zac as much as I loved Adam. How could I just leave the man I love? I knew the answer. Adam's career meant the world to him and I couldn't let my dumbass of an ex-boyfriend ruin Adam's career. I loved him too much to let that happen. I don't know if I have the guts to tell him, much less get up and walk away from him. But to save his career, I might have to.  I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I made my choice.

I would rather die, then go back to Zac.