My mom called me to come down stairs, so I grabbed my suitcase and purse and went down stairs. I was greeted by her, my dad, and a rather hot guy, Andy. I shook my head. I needed to stop thinking like that. “Alright honey, everything has been sorted out. Instead of your dad and I driving you, you’re going by plane!”

                “I don’t like this.” My dad said scowling.

                My mom glared at him. “Jeff,” she hissed warningly through her teeth.

                I had to hold back a laugh as I faced Andy, “Alright, well let’s go.”

                He nodded, “Yeah. You want me to take your suitcase.”

                “Oh sure,” I said and handed it to him. My mom and dad were shouting things at me as we walked out of the house, but I wasn’t really paying attention. They were so weird.

                “BE SAFE!” My mom shouted. Oh. My. God. Please tell me I imagined that. What did she think was going to happen?! She’s the one that set this up in the first place. My cheeks heated up and I knew I was blushing. Andy looked at me. Oh God, what if he heard her? Judging by the look on his face he was dying to burst out laughing. Damn it! He did hear it. I’m going to kill that woman.

                Andy looked around me, “You don’t have to worry about that!” What the hell does that mean?!

                “What is that supposed to mean young man?” I heard my dad yell from inside. My mom shoved my dad back and closed the door. Andy smiled mischievously and pushed me into the car.

                “Um, Andy?”

                “Yeah?”

                “What did you mean “you don’t have to worry about that”?” He better mean that there was no way anything like that would even happen.

                Andy just looked at me and laughed, “Let’s get to the airport.”

                “Don’t avoid the question! And stop laughing! It’s not funny!”

                He just shook his head and turned the radio on. The whole way to the airport I was mentally freaking out. I hope our plane left without us so we wouldn’t have to go. When we entered the airport I immediately got stressed out. There was so much noise and airport customs are just a pain. I frowned. Being with Andy wouldn’t make it any better. Luckily, he didn’t say anything until we got on the plane. He would occasionally put his hands on my waist pushing me forward, which was kind of weird, but I didn’t say anything.  

                There are two things I like about airports, the gift shop and the coffee shop. So naturally, that was the first place I went after we got through customs. I ordered a Puerto Rican espresso and went back to sit with Andy. He seemed to be day dreaming, so I, being the mean person I am, stuck my scorching hot coffee cup on his forehead. He jumped up and I barely pulled my cup away in time.

                “What the hell Marcie?!”

                I couldn’t help it, I burst out laughing. I couldn’t stop now. He was so pissed. The look on his face was priceless. I almost fell out of my chair. “Can’t,” I sputtered through my laughter, “Breathe!”

                Andy crossed his arms like a little boy, “Good. You deserve it.”

                That only made me laugh harder, which wasn’t a good thing. I could barely breathe before and now I was pretty much hyperventilating. By now, everyone was giving us funny looks. I tried to say his name but just came out as “an”. He was looking at sort of worried, like he wasn’t sure if I was messing around or not. I put the cup that I had somehow managed to hold on the ground and did the choking motion. Andy went wide-eyed and pulled me up. I had stopped laughing, but I hadn’t laughed that hard in a long time so it was still difficult to breathe and my eyes were watery. He looked around not sure what to do.

                “Breathe woman!”

                I glared at him. What an idiot! What exactly did he think I was trying to do? I tried to breathe in slowly but it sounded more like a high pitched gasp. Andy gave me a weird look.  I’m going to die, and it’s going to be this kids fault. I was getting kind of light headed. Great, just great. I need to breathe, if I don’t I’m going to black out in an airport. I put my hand over my mouth trying to stop taking in air. My breathing slowed down until it went back to normal. I wiped my eyes and glared at Andy who was just standing there looking at me. “What a help you are!”

                “Well what was I supposed to do?”

                “I don’t know something!”

                Andy started to say something, but the announcement for us to board our plane cut him off. We rushed up to the boarding area and got our tickets out. We got on the plane and took our seats. I drank my coffee as I listened to my iPod and soon fell asleep.