Chapter 21 Raine's Element

"Hey Flynt, I think I found the book," Jack informed him, showing a page near the middle of a thick, dull, violet book. On the two browning pages was a sketch of a colourful portal, a circular graph with all of the letters of the alphabet written two times and words and drawings of the dynamics of the portal. "but I don't get this." He said putting his finger under some words under a photo.

Flynt put a book back on the shelf and looked over Jackson's shoulder to look at where he was pointing to

Flynt put a book back on the shelf and looked over Jackson's shoulder to look at where he was pointing to. "Okay. Let's go back to the treehouse to see if anyone can help us and then we could go into my room." Jack nodded and they walked out of the library in the cave and into the treehouse. The clock on Falco's door said it was around 8:53.

Flynt and Jack quietly went into Octavia's room to find everyone asleep. Falco was sleeping on a bean bag chair and had his legs on the floor with an x-box remote loosely hanging from his hand. Aisha was sprawled upsidedown in a chair with her head drooping over the edge of it with a second x-box remote on her stomach. Eric was softly snoring on the couch while sitting and Octavia had her arms around him and her head rested on his shoulder. She was softly snoring as well.

Aisha woke up slightly and looked at Flynt and Jack then Octavia and Eric. She slowly picked up her iPod and took a photo. After she took the photo, she mumbled, "Ship it." And fell back asleep.

The two awake boys smiled and found some blankets and covered the sleeping children. Flynt moved Aisha into a more comfortable position to sleep in, turned off the lights and shut the door when they left the room. They walked into the living room of Flynt's room. Inside was a burning brick fireplace, two couches, three blue flame candles on a glass coffee table and a couple of mats made of lava on the ground. "Why did you get the best room Flynt? I mean, you have a calming warm room and I have a winter wonderland."

Flynt chuckled, "Your room is nice too."

"I have penguins in my room." Jack glared at Flynt as he laughed. They sat on the floor by the coffee table and sat the book on the table. "So, the words. Do you think it could tell us how to open the portal?"

"Most likley. It looks like it would be the easiest way for others. But, why is the writing like this?"

"Maybe we have to change the letters using this letter graph thingy?"

"Probably." Flynt said as he got up and grabbed two pieces of paper and a pencil from the kitchen table. He wrote down the strange sentence and the letters from the book onto the page. After about forty minutes passed, Jack said he was getting tired and they don't think they were close to cracking the code. So they agreed to let the sandman take over their dreams and rest until morning. "Night Jack!"

"Good night, Flynt!" Jack yawned as he walked toward his room and Flynt quietly closed his door just to yank it open again to investigate a high pitch scream followed by a thump and laughter.