Chapter 14 The Rooms

They walked into a big room that had different and unique doors with a part of the giant tree going through the floor and leading up into the roof. The walls were made of logs and the floor was made with wooden planks. A ladder was built on the tree that lead to something that resembled a look out tower. On the right side of the circular room closest to the entrance a door made of flames and had a red frame, the flames looked 2D and didn't travel but gave off light and heat for the room. The handle looked like a glass sphere that contained fire.

On the far right side, a door was made of hard ice with a snowy frame. On the floor looked like a small blast of frozen snow and nothing looked close to melting to any kind of heat or the flaming door. The handle looked like a sideways icicle, but the sharp end was smother and curves that looked slightly like a candy cane.

In between those two doors was a door made of thick logs that lead into a cramped room made of logs and planks again. In this room left side was freezing cold and the right was hot from the rooms beside it. The door was more to the left side and in the middle of the room were two hammocks made to resemble bunk beds. The bottom and top bunks were hung from the back wall and the front wall where the door was.

On the left side of the room were three doors. The first door closest to the entrance was a door made of stones, boulders, pebbles, small ores and jewels. The handle was a sapphire shaped and polishes into the shape of a ball.

Beside that was a door that looked like a window, one bar horizontal from the middle and one going vertical of the middle. The frame and bars were made of oak wood, the window was made of glass but it showed the sky. Half of the bottom half had a golden outline of a protractor but instead of the degrees it had numbers going from one to twelve. A silver triangle pointed to a the number ten on the left hand side and a sun above it. It showed what time it was and the picture copied what the act looked like. In the top right square was had pictures. A sun, a cloud, a rain cloud, thundercloud, a snow cloud and a tornado. Another silver arrow pointed and slid across the square to show what the weather was. The handle was a stiff feather of a bluejay.

The tree had an empty wooden frame nailed to it that didn't lead anywhere, although, from the outside the doors don't lead anywhere. Flynt lead Octavia to a door made of metal, tech and gears. It was wires, bolts, nuts, gears, levers, buttons and so on. It was surrounded by an electric field. Flynt explained that the only way to unlock the door was for the owner to open it first. Before hand, Jack was curious of the door and tried to open it, but when he touched the handle, he got zapped. Octavia opened the door by the metal electric bolt handle.

Inside was a room full of electronics and gizmos. It was like the living room of a classic home, the back wall was painted yellow and had white shelves full of electric tools. The other walls were orange and a tv was above an electric fireplace, a small kitchen and bedroom also made the room. Almost everything was electric and was activated by a push of a button. A master ensuite joined into the bedroom. Altogether everything was made of the newest tech. "This is awesome!" Octavia cheered. "But, how is this possible? On the outside you can't see the other rooms." Before anyone could answer, a horrified cheetah cub slowly crawled out from under the yellow couch. Octavia cupped her hands over her mouth as the kitten walked up to her and started purring.

Eric went in the room to pet the cheetah, but it started growling and attempted to bite him. He was able to remove his hand quickly but the cub gave him a quick shock that didn't do any harm to him. He chuckled a little.

"This place is cool, I now kinda wish we could switch powers. I mean, you can get a beautiful feathered dress and I could get an awesome yellow suit." Falco mentioned looking around for an automatic sewing machine to fix his pants. He gave up and sat down on the couch before the cheetah started clawing him until he got off. He hissed and sat down in Falco's spot.

Flynt and Jack walked into the room, Aisha was still in the log bedroom where she and Raine were going to stay. "This is pretty c-ah!" Raine waved her hand confused from the shock, all she did was try to go into the room. She mounted the word what in question.

"Right, we didn't warn you and Aisha. The run-of-the-mill people can't go through the doors." Falco replied. Raine gave him a quick, angry glare and walked into the room Aisha was in. "No! Sorry Raine I didn't mean it that way!" He sighed as he heard her slam the log door then he sat down beside the kitten. "So, Octavia, what are you going to call your pet?"

"I'm not too sure. I'll need to think about it. Now, get out! I want to explore this room, try out some of the gizmos." Octavia said pushing the boys out of her room and slamming her door. "So far so good." She said petting her cat.

Jackson was heard from outside the door. "Octavia, once your ready, we'll meet you outside and help you get used to your new powers."

Then Eric yelled, "Ya! It'll be really fun!" Tavia walked into her bedroom. There was a big, black comfy bed and black floor lamp beside it. A tv was in between two windows, it showed what was outside like the room was there in the tree but she couldn't see the other rooms beside her. She opened her closet and saw only one outfit. If was her outfit she was wearing from before when she got struck by lightning, her red tank top and blue jean shorts, but they were dry and clean. Octavia shrugged and took the clothes off the hanger and got changed.

•••

Raine slammed the door hearing Falco's apology. "Boys..." She mumbled before looking up at Aisha who was swinging in the top hammock. "Hey A."

"Hi Rai

"Hi Rai. I call the top bunk, but this is a hammock, I call the top hammock." She called swinging back and forth in the hammock with her blue book bag on the floor leaning against the wall beside the door. "It's hot and cold here. Why is that?"

"This room is beside Frost's and Flynt's room. One side will be freezing and the other will be burning." Raine explained and laid down on the bottom hammock. "Also, we can't go into the other rooms. I tried to go into Octavia's room, but the doorway shocked me. I'm glad I didn't try to enter Flynt's room."

"Or Frost's."

"True."