Chapter 15 Living in the Clouds

Octavia walked out of her room with her new pet and onto the bridge, she looked back at Falco's door. It said it was almost ten o'clock in the morning. She looked down and saw Flynt and Falco on the ground beside the river. Flynt held a whistle and a stopwatch while Falco stretched. She teleported beside them when the kitten did the same thing. "Hey Octavia, you ready to learn how to use your powers?" She nodded as her cheetah copied her. "Good, I want you to meet someone. Octavia, this is Old Man Winter." Flynt introduced as stepping to the side.

A cold gust of wind started blowing and snowflakes spun around. More and more snowflakes started to appear. They became mist and an old man with white hair, soft icy blue eyes appeared wearing a white robe made of snow and ice. "Why hello my dear, I heard you got new powers! I came as fast as I could because before Jack got his powers, the others were lost. Also, I'm good friends with your mother," He gripped her hands and firmly shakes them. His skin was cold and soft and his smile was white. Octavia was about to question him about knowing her mother but before she could he interrupted, "and you know you can summon lightning and create powerful shocks, but you can also create shock waves. But, you must be aware, you can't control it and it'll hit everyone but your pet and you. I first wanted to give you that warning now, Falco, are you ready to race Octavia?"

"Yes, sir! I'm the so far the fastest thing on this island! Faster than a cheetah I am! Well, in the air." Falco bragged. "I'm up for a good race!"

"I know I'm a good athlete, but I'm probably not that fast." Octavia frowned. Mr. Winter explained that she had super speed. "Alright, I guess I'm ready..." She said skeptical.

"Hey guys, Aisha and I are going to find some more fruit." Raine said walking towards them. She gave no eye contact to Falco but smiled and waved at Old Man Winter. Aisha started laughing while sliding down a vine. "Come on Aisha." She laughed more and skipped into the woods.

Raine followed her and Flynt told them the route. "First one to the snowy mountain and back wins. Jack is waiting there to make sure you don't cheat. No attacking the other racer and Falco, stay close to the ground. Okay? Ready? Go!" He shouted and blew into his whistle and Falco flew off. Octavia started running and was running very fast, but still at the same speed of Falco.

Octavia didn't take her eyes off the ground to make sure she didn't trip over anything. It looked like Eric made a path to the start of the race to the mountain so she wouldn't trip. She saw her cheetah cub running beside her. He was running faster than a cheetah, so she figured he had super speed also. Zapp, that should be your name. She looked ahead of her, she would be at the mountain in about five minutes at her speed. Behind her Falco was catching up. This is fun, I need to do this more often.

⛅️☁️⚡️☁️⛅️

Raine and Aisha were walking in the woods when they saw Falco and Octavia race past them. "Falco is a good racing match for Octavia, he might have a chance of beating her."

"Ya, I wonder who's going to win. Do you wanna watch them race?" Aisha asked. Raine continued wandering away from the racing track and onto the dirt path. "So, what happened between you and Falco? Did he get you angry?" She nodded. "Of course. What did he do?" Raine ignored Aisha's question.

"He called her and you the run-of-the-mill people." Eric appeared from behind a bush, he wasn't himself or a rock but an atheris hispida. A poisonous snake with pointy yellowish scales that was about 72 centimetres in length. Raine jumped at the sight and Aisha laughed.

 Raine jumped at the sight and Aisha laughed

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Exploring the Elementsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें