Chapter 1 Summer is Here!

As the teacher was walking around the class and handing out the report cards, she said goodbye to the class and wished them a great summer. The sisters, Raine and Octavia, thought about what they were going to get on their report card. Raine knew that she was very good with art, technology and english so she would probably get an A, and Octavia was great in music and gym. She's even better than the boys, so sometimes outside, the boys would ask her to race but they never came close to beating her. Raine would sometimes talk to the boys after they were done racing her and they would ask her if Octavia was free, but she always had some sport to play.

Soon, after the teacher finished handing out the report cards to the excited students, she allowed them to get up and sign the year books. Raine walked over to Octavia at her desk. Raine fixed her long brown hair into a braid that hung over her shoulder then put her sister's long brown hair into a ponytail. She looked over at her sister and Octavia's grey- blue eyes were sparkling but she had a frown on her slightly freckled face.

"What's wrong, Tavi? Aren't you happy that it's almost the summer break?"

"I am," She chuckled. "It's just that my name is in the year book six times but they spelt it wrong five times."

"Hey! That's better than last year! You have to be glad about that." Raine's sea blue eyes sparkled when she spoke; she loved to help others feel better. Octavia nodded in agreement. "Hey, did I get a painting or drawing in the year book?"

"Let's see. Hey, you did! Look, here is your ocean landscape painting you did at Uncle Marko's house."

"Hey girls! You happy that's its summer?! I know I am. I can't wait to go to your Uncle's beach and go fishing!"

"Hey Aisha. We're both happy that's its summer, but did you have any candy? You're kinda hyper." Octavia asked taking a candy wrapper out of their friend's brownish blonde hair. It's not that she's a blonde and some bullies call her dumb, it's just that she acts silly and try's to make every bad day into a day you can laugh at. Aisha has green eyes that look like the greenest leafs in the woods.

"Ya. I got tons of candy in a bag in my book bag! I have suckers, gummy worms, gummy bears, gummy fish, marshmallows, chocolate, gum, gum balls and maple candy!" Aisha exclaimed very fast. "Mmm, maple candy."

"Did you get any of that?" Raine whispered in her sister's ear.

"Not one word." Then the bell rang. The class emptied their desks the other day, so they grabbed their bags and raced out the door.

"So, I'll see you on Friday at Uncle Marko's?" Aisha asked.

"Yes." Raine and Octavia said stereo.

💦💧☔️☁️☔️💧💦

Raine and Octavia caught the bus just in time. They got off the bus when they got to Aisha's house. Then, they walked to their house across the road. It was a big blue house with a big window showing everyone inside the living room. As they walked to their house, Raine checked the mailbox for mail. It was a green mailbox and had blue letters spelling, 'The Mirages'. As they walked up the long, dirt driveway, they saw their Dad washing his black truck.

"Hey Dad, here's the mail."

"Thanks, honey. I went to work with my truck clean, then when I went to leave to go home, my truck on one side was completely covered in mud." He said sharply. Polo Mirage, their father, is Uncle Marko's twin. They both are tall and good looking. They have the same blue eyes and red hair. Polo's hair is straight and Marko's hair is curly, probably because you don't have time to dry your hair when you're a fisherman. Marko's younger brother is a Kung-Fu trainer, so if the house is ever being robbed and he's home, anyone could make a bet that the robber wished he hasn't robbed the house. "Hey, Mom told me to tell you to go set the table then pack your things. We are going to Uncle Marko's house in the morning and the Marine's are coming along with us."

The girls shared the same exited look on their faces. They rushed inside the house into the beautiful kitchen. The walls were white, the cupboards were black and so was the back splash. The counter was quartz and the floor was polished stone. All of the appliances were new with a big island in the middle of their kitchen who their mother, Liz, designed. She was a beautiful architect. She had long brown hair, shiny grey eyes, was thin and soon they would see their new baby brother. She was wearing a stained cooking apron, a yellow shirt and black jeans. To Octavia and Raine, she was like a model. She was cooking the girl's favorite meal, fish and fruit salad.

Soon they were finished setting the table, finished packing, eating and jumped into bed; ready for the next day.