Extra: The Wedding

A thud of silverware against table was heard, as Jiyuu looked at Kageyama, eyes widening in shock.

"You— what?!" she said, not believing what she was hearing.
"Forget it!" he said, cheeks coated in a heavy blush.

Jiyuu sighed and rubbed her temples, trying her best not to laugh and keep her composure so as not to embarrass her awkward man.

"How can I forget a proposal as blunt as that?" she said, stifling a giggle.

Minutes earlier, when Jiyuu settled in her seat and food was served, Kageyama said in the most dull of tones,

"Let's get married."

Thus following the events above.

Jiyuu couldn't help it and bursted into a fit of laughter, almost falling out of her chair. The ravenette male looked at her with a serious expression, eyes forming into a deadly glare. That stopped her from laughing.

"I'm serious." he said in a terrifying voice.

He shoved his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small box. He turned his eyes away from me, covered half of his face with his free hand and pushed the box toward her with his other hand.

"Will you... Be Karasuno's 19th Queen?" he said.

Jiyuu smiled and pushed him playfully.

"You awkward penguin.. Of course."

He pressed his lips on hers for a moment.

He couldn't wait to get married.
-----------

Jiyuu was in a bundle of nerves. For months, she never thought about how nervous she would be on her wedding. But now...

"Hey, relax, little sister. I got you." said Kaname, smiling beside her.
"Smile, my daughter." her mother said as she smoothed her daughter's dress.

After the war, Kaname and Haruka were granted permission by the King Himself to live in the Itaas, in the Palace with their daughter. They were hesitant at first, to live on the surface and with other people of different castes, but the moment they thought of seeing the stars... Well, it changed their minds.

The bride's heart longed to feel what was waiting for her beyond the chapel doors. What was the feeling of getting married, to be with the person you love for a lifetime? What was the feeling of the first kiss as a newly-wedded couple? What was the feeling of waking up next to the person you cherish every day?

What was the feeling of becoming Queen?

The heavy doors suddenly opened, and she stepped foot in the chapel. Every step toward her husband-to-be made her heart leap.

Tears filled her eyes, but she dabbed them away for the sake of her heavy make-up.

The groom was crying, too.

In a few moments, they would be lawfully bonded together, and become husband and wife. They were a few steps away to a new chapter in life, vows away from mornings to wake up together, a kiss away from thousands more as husband and wife.

Oikawa (who was saved by Jiyuu from near death and reconciled with Kageyama) had to stifle a laugh as he saw his cousin so vulnerable.

The Kendous were beaming at the couple they ate breakfast with and who fought and wished to die rather than get married.

"Stop crying." Jiyuu said as she playfully hit Kageyama with her bouquet.
"Can't help it." he said.
"I can't believe that we're going to be married. It seemed like yesterday, the moment that you drew your sword at me and I threatened to dethrone you with a spell."

He smiled.

"Let's just get married."
•••••••••

A/n:

Cute :)

Guys! I have published two new books. The first is Mahika Ordinario, a companion novel to this series which follows Tsukishima and Mitsuki's story set before act 11 of this story. The second is Flight, a Haikyuu x reader one-shot collection (requests are currently open).

I hope you give them much support as much as you did for this book :)

-coalesxence