Act XX

Jiyuu's POV

It's been a week after the Miyagi incident. A lot of things happened during the week after the First Invasion and the Miyagi incident.

Base-Militar 3 of Aoba Johsai fell, then some Mahika Dilim were captured and thrown in the dungeons. After that, Aoba Johsai issued another attack at Base-Militars 3 and 4. The Military quickly intercepted, and Aoba Johsai lost.

Now, the servants seem to be in a hurry.

"What's going on, Hitoka?"

The young maid ran frantically along the hallways, in a rush.

"Jiyuu, I need to be somewhere. Please ask someone else." she said hurriedly and went on her way.

I sighed and retreated to the confines of my room, curiosity slowly eating my mind.

A knock resounded on the wooden door the moment I collapsed on the bed.

"Come in." I said lazily, not even bothering to get up and open the door.

Lo and behold, the king was at the door. The moment he entered, he threw me a heavy ivory and ebony fabric.

Wow. He's really polite.

"What--" I said, but got cut off.

"The Starlight Ball is happening tonight. Get ready." he said.

With that, he exited, leaving me with confusion and a dress (dress in media).

------------

This dress is just too heavy.

The heels are just too high.

Everything's extravagant.

And it's not me.

"Hitoka, do I really have to wear all this?" I asked the young maid, as she did my hair.

Hitoka smiled as she did her finishing touches on my intricate bun, and started to paint my face with powder and lipstick.

"Jiyuu, tonight's the night of extravagance and royalty. The annual Starlight Ball is a wonderful event for all royals of all kingdoms. The event was first originated here in Karasuno, and it's a much anticipated event for all royals. Royals from the Kingdoms of Nekoma, Dateko, Shiratorizawa and Aoba Johsai are expected to come, as well as royals from different countries, like England and France."

After a few more moments, she announced that I was ready.

My hazel contacts were put on and finishing touches were made. I gazed at my reflection in the mirror.

For the first time in my life, I felt that I was... Beautiful.
--------

The moment I stepped down the stairs, my heart beat wildly.

Everyone's eyes were on me, a diplomat even dropped his glass of champagne as he laid his eyes on me.

Was I that beautiful?

The King was at the foot of the staircase, hand outstretched, offering me to take it.

And I did, the touch of his gloved hand warming mine.

What he did next shocked me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention!" he announced.

All eyes fell on him, and hung on his every word.

"This lady beside me, Lady Narumi Jiyuu, is my fiancée."

Oh so I'm his fiancée.

Say what now?!

When in did I even become his fiancée?!

The royals in the room applauded, while I was left processing everything in mind.

"Since when did I even become your fiancée?!" I whispered to him.
"I just did that so men wouldn't come near you. So shut up." he said harshly.

The sweet melodies of the string quartet cut off me from saying another word to combat his harsh statement.

The swirling of skirts made my head spin.

"Shall we dance?" he offered.

I don't know how to dance.

But I took his hand and let him sweep me away.

••••••••••

A/n

I know. It's short.

I just got home from watching a UAAP Volleyball game. ANIMO LA SALLE.

That's why it was short

Okay.

Hope you enjoyed act 20!