Act XIII

Jiyuu's POV

The wind feels nice.

The stars are ever beautiful and the milky luminescence of the moon is the crown of the beauty of the night.

A beautiful scene to die in.

A person as worthless as me also deserves to die with a wonderful landscape as a background.

I could already imagine my corpse on the emerald blades of grass, basking in the starlight, a broken smile on my lips and crimson coating the crown of my head. Cold, lifeless...

I perched on the cool granite railing of the balcony, arms outstretched like birds' wings about to take flight and soar above the heavens. Except, I'm not going to fly high, but I'm going to plummet headfirst to meet my bittersweet doom.

I'm worthless.

I'm a traitor.

I'm useless.

I can't do anything right.

I might as well die so I can't be a burden. Burden to my family and Mitsuki.

Burden to the King.

"Why did I even wake up?!" I yelled at the stars.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I prepared to meet my doom.

Goodbye, cruel world.

I hope you wipe away the stain I made as a worthless person.

"Goodbye."

I slowly leaned forward, letting gravity take its hold on me and push me down to meet my grave.

"Jiyuu!"

A strong grip pulled me out of gravity's clutches, pulling me back to live, pulling me back from Hades' lair.

The familiar warmth surrounded me, as liquid sorrow flooded out of my orbs.

Why?

Why is he stopping me from doing this?

Why does he care if I die?

Why?

All I am is a burden, and nothing more.

~~~~~~~~

Kageyama's POV

"Where is she?"

She still has fragments of Galit inside of her.

My feet are exhausted from running. Running around the castle to find her.

If she has fragments of one of the spirits, suicidal thoughts may run into her mind.

Where are you?

Let me find you.

I don't want to be too late.

Your Majesty, there is a 99 percent chance of you finding her dead because of suicide.

No, she's going to be okay.

I'm going to find her.

I'm going to save her.

"Jiyuu!"

I saw her, perched on the balcony of her room, slowly meeting her doom.

No, you're not going to die, Jiyuu.

Not on my watch.

Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pulled her out of her deadly act, and into my embrace.

She's crying.

Is it because I stopped her?

"I'm worthless, why save me?" she cried.
"You're not." I said.

I pulled her closer, to prove my point.

"You're never worthless. For goodness sake, with your help, I defended Base-Militar 3 successfully!" I said.

She stayed silent, as if reflecting on the statement I said.

"I'm just a Mahika." she said finally,

I looked at her in the eyes, before I opened my mouth to prove her wrong once more.

"You're not just a Mahika. You're the Mahika. The Mahika that yelled at me, the Mahika that fought with me to prove her point, the Mahika that escaped near death from Kindaichi, the Mahika that wasn't afraid to fight an assassin, the Mahika that protected Base-Militar 3. You've done so much, you are not worthless."

She buried her head in my chest, as if to prove I was right.

She was never worthless, she has done so much.

I hope she knows that.

"I hate you, you know that." she said, her voice muffled.

I smiled and looked at the stars.

"I hate you too, Jiyuu."

I don't want you to die.

If you die, there will be no one to replace you and your ferocious aura.

If you die, I'll be alone again.

If you die, I will not have someone to fight with.

If you die, what will I become?
••••••••••••

Author's Note:

Oya oya oya what is this?

Is our king finally growing up?

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was too worked up over the presidential debate here in the Philippines.

I hope you enjoyed act 13.

Vote or comment if you do :)

-starlight