Act XXVIII

Jiyuu's POV

Every day, he would stride into my room, and ask me what I would want. Every day he would talk to me for a little while or wipe my tears if I had any.

He did that every day, but I just turned away from him.

But I feel that feeling.

I feel that—

"My lady. Would you like some tea?"

Iwaizumi shattered my thoughts with his voice, and I turned to him and nodded.

He gave me a piping hot cup of tea, eyes staring at mine as he did so.

He looks strangely familiar, but his eyes were different, and he gave off the aura I wasn't familiar with.

He might be a doppelgänger of him.

"I must take my leave." he mumbled, and went out of my room.

The tea tastes different than usual.

Oikawa strode into the room as usual, and sat beside me.

"What do you want?" he asked me, a question he asked for days already.

And for some reason, I gave him an answer.

"Home."

Why, after all these days of gifts and chat with Oikawa, after all the care he gave me, after what Kageyama did to me, after everything that happened before this, I sought for home?

Why did I want to go back to Karasuno? Am I still thinking that I still have hope with him? Am I still thinking that he would accept me in his arms again?

"Home is in my arms, darling." he whispered, coming close.

I felt a pang of fear inside me as he came in close. I whispered a spell.

As soon as I snapped my fingers behind my back, nothing happened.

That's when it hit me.

The teacup fell from my fingers and shattered on the ground.

The essence of makopa was in the tea.

If the essence of makopa was intaken by a Mahika, his/her powers will be disabled for a week.

How did he—

I heard him laugh, a sinister laugh.

"You fool. I knew it. Mahika are nothing but fools!" he yelled.

I widened my eyes, shocked, fell from the bed as I backed away from him.

Oikawa knew.

How?

"I tried putting up with scum like you for weeks. I'm surprised that Kageyama could last longer with a Mahika in his palace. Now I'm done with my act." he said.

He was opposite of what he was. His eyes held nothing but hate. His smile was smug, everything was a lie.

He's a phony.

He tricked me.

Everyone does.

Just when I was about to trust him.

------------

Kageyama's POV

"Takeda, I need you to do something for me." I requested.

I was back in my old routine again, heeding Takeda's advice. But it was never the same.

The search party was still out, searching for her. It's almost been a month.

I was tired of waiting. I had to take matters in my own hands.

I whispered final reminders to Takeda, before taking my cloak and going to the stables.

"Let me find you." I said.

The night and the stars looked upon me, giving me a sliver of hope that I could find her.

I wish I could.
--------

Jiyuu's POV

I lay on the cold concrete, tracing the iron railings that cage me.

Bones dot the floor, splatters of blood everywhere. Markings that look like tallies of days to keep people sane in these dungeons are etched on the walls.

I am kept in this dungeon now, because I'm a Mahika.

Hello darkness, my old friend. It's nice to see you again.

I close my eyes and see him.

His azure irises, his rare smile, his warmth, his kindness.

But, it's only a dream.

Dreams can vanish.

Kageyama. I want to see you again.

Even though I know you hate me.

Let me see you.

Let me bask in your warmth.

Let me be with you.

Please.

Even though you're far from my reach.

Even though we're of different castes.

Even though you're different.

Let me reach you, even if you're Polaris and I'm a lone weed.

I close my eyes, and imagine warmth in this cold cell of mine.
-----------

Kageyama's POV

Hours.

For hours my horse galloped on, my eyes darting around in the void of night.

My voice, hoarse with emotion, asked people everywhere if they have seen the girl. I held her picture in my trembling hands as the horse trudged on.

Then, I stopped.

I stepped down from the horse, tied its reins to a nearby branch, and collapsed under a tree, rejuvenating myself with the bottle of water I had.

"Let me find you." I mumbled.

The moment I closed my eyes, I saw the luminescence of her eyes, the smile I loved, everything about her that made my heart flutter.

Where are you?

Why did you disappear so suddenly?

I let myself bask in the darkness, imagining light in the void of night.
•••••••••••

A/n

damn kusokawa.

Welp, that's how things are meant to be.

Hope you liked this act :)

Vote or comment if you do

-starlight